Are you a productive Pothead or a couch potato?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking gets me motovated. Only late at night does it wind me down. I don't have day pot and night pot. The same stuff works for me - Rain or shine! ;)

During the day, I have too much to do and burning helps to get it done. :joint:

PB:)

I would have to say Im with smokinmom. I clean when I get high but then again Im always usually high. During the winter months I snowboard and during the summer I race motorcycles. I dont get high before racing because I dont want to be stupid bout something and crash, but boarding Ill smoke a bong riding the freestyle course down hill. I love to stay busy while Im stoned. Dont get me wrong Ill be the 1st person to curl up on the couch in front of the boob tube with a nice fat bud and a bowl, at the end of the day to relax before I go nite nite. I would say Im pretty productive.

I'm still in school, and I work during the summer, so I consider myself productive. I can't say I'm too productive while high, but I rarely want to be.. that's what caffeine is for. ;)

Wellllll.... it really depends. I like to be with friends and do fun stuff, like go to the planetarium (my all time favorite stoned thing to do) or go walking in a garden, or picnic in the grass.

I used to love being high when I was at work, doing massage therapy, but I no longer do that.

If I have no friends around I tend to sit on my ***, but I think alot about things I dont normally think about like politics and spirituality. Some of my best insights have come while high and sitting on my ***.

I wish I had friends around here, I just moved to a new state and Im fkn bored outta my mind. :hairpull:

I have no problem monitoring the cooling tank at the nuke plant while baked. There was that near meltdown on hash Friday tho.

Seriously, nothing slows me down to much weed helps me keep focused on the task at hand.

Im Cajun. So I couldnt tell you for never being not drunk to know what its like to just be stoned and never not unstoned enough to know what undrinking effect it will have.

depending on the mood :p , and smokinmom your right about the cleaning factor , i had months of that in Australia when just cleaning everywere lol even when im at a friends house its like im a machine doing programmed stuff.

SmokinMom said:
I feel a little guilty reviving such an old thread, but felt compelled to do so. :p

Good one to revive.

I would have to say that I'm productive no matter what. But, it's a whole lot more fun being productive when I'm high.

Although sometimes I wish it didn't take me 40 minutes to fold a load of clothes. I hate when I get "stuck".

There's no better way to be productive in the work place than smoking a "J" (joint) before work. I smoke every morning before work. I dont know maybe its just me but Visine was a helluva invention.

I worked for almost 5 years as a electrical associate for the Home Depot. There wasn't one minute of one day that I wasn't high at work. And I was the most helpfull employee they ever had. I used to come back from lunch(bong hits and a sandwhich) and there was a list of customers I had to call because they didn't want to talk to anyone else. One time I was forced to go for a drug test, so I quit. Then a manager asked me if I would have passed the drug test. I told her no, and said you have never seen me when I wasn't high. BTW, I prefer Clear Eyes brand.:D

I am very productive after smoking most of the time unless I just smoked some strong Indica...take care..

im in the construction business/ part time musician... im not really a couch tater . im always doing something.. if it isnt building and addition/siding a house/roofing or writing music/lyrics im doing something with the fam.. i wish i had more time to just flop on the couch with my favorite piece and a big sac of nuggs and burn till i cant move. . TIME MAG is over-rate boring jibberish and nothing more.. hell i wouldnt read that **** if it was the only thing in the dr's office on a 30 minute wait. blah to you TIME, U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT US AND OUR CULTURE! U MY NOT SO MUCH FRIEND NEED TO DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU ASSUME THINGS!!!!
hmmmmm maybe a SURVEY??? that might help?

100% couch potato, I do nothing active when I am high. But I still do thngs that are mind expanding such as come here and learn, or my favorite is the discovery channel, stuff on the big bang and black holes trips me out.

While I almost always prefer to be busy, i really don't think I get alot done. it seems like it, but in retrospect, I get "stuck" often. Whatever I'm doing,it is definitely more fun.

HMM,Well at work Im responsible for keeping multi million dollars worth of production equipment running at full pace.I am called a maintenance technician.Ive been doing it for almost 12 years now.I do this stoned all day everyday from the time I get up till I go to bed.We recently had a management change my now supervisor knows less then I do,lol.
But when I get home I dont do to much,Im also a procrastinator except for my garden it comes first :)

definitly not a couch potato. i smoke for the relief of spasms so it is rare when i havent smoked. i get up in the middle of the night and take 4 hits and lay back down. i also stay active in organized team sports (rugby) and i train year round. i practice twice a week 4 hrs at a time and i also do endurance training twice a week (3 + miles of road work). this is on top of working and doing voluntary work.

couch potato no, but i am terrible at procrastination.

I have been smoking since my late teens. Other than 6 years in the Army I've never had a job working for someone else. I have always been very selfsufficient, and self employed. I own and opperate a trucking co. that I've spent the last twenty plus years building from the ground up, ALONE. I do not smoke when I'm working, tho I could.( who's gonna' fire me? ) It's not that the high affects my work, but rather the work affects my high. In my business I spend most of my time looking for more work or jumping down someones throat, both of wich are serious buzz kills. I smoke to relax, but not to the point that I just sit around doing nothing. When I'm stoned I enjoy to do thing like cooking, gardening, fishing, or just puttering around up at my cabin. I considder all of these things to be productive uses of my time and energy, but I guess the same could be said of reading a book.
One persons couch potato is another persons movie buff.

Reverend Willis said:
Yep. TIME magazine was right on the money with that assessment in regards to the Rev. At 55, my most productive days are behind me... except for growing weed. I work 2 (part-time) jobs... one with a program tutoring kids and the other is just a retail gig that helps pay the bills. I'm a single guy (oft-divorced) so I have only myself to answer to/for.
Yep, cast my ballot as a no-count, low-down, conniving rascal who stays stoned much of the time on some very good marijuana. With these qualifications, I could be a politician.
Vote for the Rev

Im with The Rev on this one. Man, I've already BEEN there and DONE that and at 59 I b'lieve I'll just rest on my laurels and my rear end.

I made a small "killing" of sorts when I sold my last house just before the real estate crash, enough to pay cash for my current (and probably last) home and now Im perfectly content to grow tomatoes, peppers, beans and MJ. I read, write, watch the tube and hang out with my dogs here in the "country". Screw being "productive!

FWIW, Ive been a medical technician, school teacher, AIDS field researcher, occassional waitress, caterer, phone sex worker, owned and operated a rather well-known professional S&M Dungeon and have published a few articles and short stories, one of which actually won a first place fifty dollar prize in an obscure short story contest that nobody ever heard of. So obscure, in fact, that there were only four other entiries. Oh, and for a while I dressed up in a gorilla suit and delivered flowers, birthday cakes and on one occassion, divorce papers at six in the morning.

One of these professions got my picture in News Week and another a segment on HBO's Real Sex, which was big fun. I wrote one article for a book about the sex industry that got me invited to be on "Geraldo", where we got snowed in and got to stay at the Algonquin for five days on Geraldo's dime, which was also big fun, ( if you're idea of big fun is staying at a world class hotel snowed in with seven interesting women famous for one reason or another in the Sex industry).

Ive travelled a good bit and lived in the US Virgin Islands for several years. I was stoned thru pretty much all of these. Used to be a pretty serious drinker, too but gave that up.

So, Im a couch-er now, but havent always been.

Still, if the question is whether stoned people accomplish much, I do often wonder what I might have done if I hadnt been stoned and drunk most of the time. I do think I'd have been a little less outrageous and a great deal more "serious". In other words, I'd have been a completely different person, better or worse, I cant say.

It's kind of a paradox, really. If I hadnt been stoned and drunk much of my life, maybe I'd have been a serious writer. But if I hadnt been living the "high" life...what the hell would I have had to write about?

Somebody said, "The road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions". Phooey. I say, the road to Hell is paved with "shoulda-coulda-woulda".

LassChance

Latest posts

Back