Aroma reduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

woodydude

Ok, so I have had a constant battle to reduce the aroma around my house.
I can't smell it but visitors can, which is a problem.
I have a tub of ONA in the growroom, inside a pc case with a couple of fans blowing it around. As soon as you come in the front door, there is one of those stinking air fresheners going off every 15 mins and it still stinks but I couldnt work out why.
What a dumb (offensive expletive).
My house has central heating ratiators but it hasn't always had these, it used to have a "warm air" system, which basically means there is a vent in every room and warm air is blown around the house. inefficient and useless so they were changed. You guessed it, the vents were still there but this idiot didnt look above eye level and they are all above the room doors.

Solution was to go around with that expanding foam builders use and fill the vents with it and hope the smell stops escaping the grow room.
Well, you know how you should leave bright idea's until you are not quite as baked, last night I thought I would do the handy work, all has gone well enough but this pic had me falling about laughing for about half an hour, I thought the marshmellow man from ghostbusters was coming outa my walls!View attachment P1040124.JPG

Peace
Woody

One of those air filters, I believe it's called an Ozinator, or something similiar, would really help. My buddy has 30 Super Skunks in his grow room, which is a spare bedroom. He uses one in the room, and one in the dining room, and you smell nothing.

They're those filters that people who have breathing issues, like asthma, use to purify the air, get the dust and pollen out, etc.

It does look like some strange alien is trying to get you.

CAN filter. Order it up. Size depends on room. Fan to match. No more smell via passive intake. GL

That is a funny picture, so, I guess the moral of this story is don't use foam while stoned?
I hope you get it worked out, but thanks for the laugh. What a great pic.

If you have negative pressure in your grow space, no odors should escape the room. The exhaust odors can be dealt with with a charcoal filter, like the Can filter Nouvellechef mentioned. People can stand right next to my flowering room and have not a clue what is going on in there because there is no smell.

Cleaning products in the past have been designed for strong odors, chemicals. Were created for possible cleanup. Were specifically designed to cut through thicker types of dirt and grime. The people who designed these products can create something to handle these tasks using harsh chemicals like bleach to clean the house.

LOL, brings back memories woody and I wasn't stoned. LOL

Oh my that is funny... vouch for CAN Filters also as listed above.

Its all about negative airflow,,very important,, and a filter and exhuast fan moving the air and smell from the grow space and exhuasting it outside or whatever. My Negative Air Preasure even made it hard to open my door on my growroom.:hubba:

WxLxH= CF of your growroom. You will need a Fan with more CFM then the CF of your grow space. Plus you have to factor in the can filter which will lower the fans CFM exhuast power.

Try a bowl of fabric softener with a fan blowing on it.

but a filter is needed as mentioned.

nice foam vent you got there, they dont have duct tape where you live? LOL (jk)

Thanks for the advice guys.
TBH I put the pic up for a laugh rather than concern over smell.
My deer old ma arrived yesterday for a visit and couldnt smell a thing, trust me, she would have told me if she could!
I do have a carbon filter in the room and a tub of ONA in there too which helps a bit though I was thinking about buying an ozone maker. Not cheep I know but the sterilising aspect of them appeals to me.

Peace
Woody

You need to rethink ventilation if you are using carbon filter and smell is still a worry. Somethong not right.

The problem is solved with the expanding foam stuff.
The carbon filter is only about 3 months old but even with it running there was a smell as soon as you came through my front door. I put this down to the old heating system and those vents. Now they are foamed up, the smell has gone :D

Latest posts

Back