Aurora

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Bought some Aurora (Afghan, supposed to be pure indica) from cheapseeds.com
Really, I had a bad experience with the seeds. First lot were hard to germinate, only 50%, and the ones that did, the seedlings died off. Second lot of seeds were better but I think they were old stock.

Regarding the strain, it's OK. Definitely a pure indica. Small, slow growing, low yield (of course I am used to growing 4m high sativas so . . . )

The bud is very sticky and gets all over my fingers when rolling up.
Taste is exactly like the black Pakistani hash I recall from the good ole days.
I was disappointed by the strength of the newly cured bud, but it kept getting stronger as it matured until after about 6 weeks it gave a total couch-lock stone. Brill for listening to music, especially trance or Floyd.
It doesn't cause the intense paranoia that my oaxaca sativa does - the oaxaca sativa is psychedelic in nature, great for wild flights of imagination and creative ideas. Mixing the two in one J gives a terrific combination.

The Aurora has been in reveg for 4 weeks and just showed new veg. The old compact mixed bud and leaf was pretty much curled up so I took a sample and dried it at 60C for several minutes. It became a crumble with quite a hashy smell.
This strain is 'safe when taken as directed'. It is totally the same effect, aura, and so on as Nepalese temple balls. It has been difficult to make this report because it took a month to get here from the couch. 300 was on the telly.:holysheep:

Grow: Difficult. Outdoor not recommended. Difficult to germinate, slow grower, dwarf, tight, compact leaves, all parts of plant sticky. Low yield. Stunning effect... virtually psychedelic.

The original bud? Like I always do: I just clip the bud off and pack it loosely in plain brown manila envelopes, then I put them in a cupboard for a few weeks.
The last sample, though, was the old (last season) mixed leaf and bud straight off the plant, just dried out lightly for 5-10 minutes at about 60-70C in a toaster oven! And it was lethal . . . I smoked one small J and went to sit down on the couch, turned on the satellite telly and it came on to a channel with '300' (that ridicuous violent movie) playing. Unfortunately the Aurora was so farking strong I found myself unable to move and sat there for about 90 minutes before I managed to get to the remote. Meanwhile my head was being destroyed watching all these Spartans whacking the Persians to pieces. About two tokes of this stuff is plenty. One J will leave you nonfunctional for hours.
Sadly I only have my two females left - in reveg - so I cannot propagate this strain except with clones. But I will try crossing it again with my extremely potent sativa, a Mexican Oaxaca that I previously selected from the best of many different bags. Last time I crossed it but the Oaxaca was a hermie plant and all the seed turned out to be sterile. I hope to have better luck because a 50-50 between this Aurora and the Oaxaca has the potential to be just amazing.

The Aurora was grown outdoor. I don't recommend the strain for outdoor, I did that simply because my grow room wasn't ready in time. I germinated 7 seeds out of 10 but lost 4 to soil pests - dark caterpillar-type things that ate the stem at soil level. All plants were female.
I left some bud on the three survivors, to reveg, but one of them died off. The other two have been in the grow room under a 150W HPS for 4 weeks and are now showing new veg growth. I hope to clone them and I'll go hydro. Medium is coco.

sounds good to me.i personally like the sativa up high.i also at times like the knock your socks off buzz,especially when i want to kick back and relax,watch a good movie,munch out and pass out.sleep like a child.dang we are some lucky people.we have the ability to control our moods by the product we grow.ain't it nice.i wish i had of started this years ago.so rewarding.

Ok.
So I popped 5 aurora seeds and they are just starting to flower as of today. I have found that they are incredibly resilient and take to organic growing very well. This would put them at one month and 10 days of veg. I have them under a 400 watt MH and am weighing the benefits of dropping 100 dollars on a conversion bulb. Here are some pics:

Photo0088.jpg

Photo0090.jpg

Photo0101.jpg

Photo0100.jpg

Photo0099.jpg

Photo0098.jpg

Photo0097.jpg

U should expect a growth spurt. I fed them a little later than usual and they EXPLODED. I just killed off the one male out of 5 and they are now about 18 inches and climbing. They were promised to be short but I'm seeing some height in them that isn't symptomatic of stretching and the particular seeds I have seem to have some very dominant sativa genes. The leaves seem really broad at first and then get long and skinny like the sativa i grew before these. They also stink! 2 days under 12/12 and they already reek.

I feed my plants 300 PPM the second a tap root pops through a 1" rockwool cube. I am not a firm believer that they do not need food for 3 weeks. For me they get it at 3-4 days. All ten of mine are very uniform with very broad indica leaves thus far. I started them two weeks earlier then some purple becuase I knew the purple were going to be taller in the end. I am going to see if I can keep the canopy somewhat level. I am hoping the best from these beans. Out of all the genetics I have bought Nirvana seems to have the best germination ratio, and I have grown Dutch Passion, Sensi, and Mr. Nice.

After reconsidering the genetics, I can't explain the few VERY sativa looking fan leaves, as the genetics are pure indica. Weird.

Those bastards....

3 of the 4 remaining plants went Male on me so I a left with a very healthy single plant. On the bright side I can give some insight into cloning the Aurora Indica now, 'cause I'm gonna. Right now I'm LSTing it and when I get some longer shoots I'm gonna snip em. Will update.

I am still waiting to see sex. I have one that has four branches that are 2" taller then the main shoot. Kinda weird but it is a beautiful little bush.

i am like you buddyluv,as soon as i see a single root,i put them into dwc at 200-300 ppm's hasn't caused any probs yet.except for the mazr x afghani i am now growing.i burned the hell out of all of them at 200 ppm's

Latest posts

Back