auto AK-47 with strange color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer245

Reaction score
hi folks...we have 5 feminized auto ak-47 going...12 days from seed...we have one plant that is much smaller than the others but whats making us wonder is the difference in the color...its a really light yellowish/green, much lighter than any of the other 4 plants ...and we've never seen a MJ plant this color...it seems healthy enough, just smaller...anyone have any idea why the diff color? 2 pics attached...first is the plant...second is the plant with one of the others so the diff in shade can be seen...any tips appreciated :)

number 3.jpg

comparison.jpg

Hey sundancer, looks like a different strain, alot of different factors play in color of your plants, you might want to keep an eye on her just in case. When you grow from the same genetics you don't always get mirror results. sometimes you get a dominant trait from either the male or female. It will be intersting to find out how she progresses. As your little lady gets older some of her pigmentation will darken, but i think you may have a plant dominated by either side of the ak-47 mix. Gl and green eye's are watching!

the chef said:
Hey sundancer, looks like a different strain, alot of different factors play in color of your plants, you might want to keep an eye on her just in case. When you grow from the same genetics you don't always get mirror results. sometimes you get a dominant trait from either the male or female. It will be intersting to find out how she progresses. As your little lady gets older some of her pigmentation will darken, but i think you may have a plant dominated by either side of the ak-47 mix. Gl and green eye's are watching!

thanks for the info chef :) we also wondered if something else got mixed in and its a different strain:confused2: since its such a different color and is growing so much slower, but we'll keep an eye her just in case:D since we are using ffof and distilled water we're hoping that the ph is ok but we dont know as we havent had the extra $$ to grab a tester yet, in fact we're hoping a friend is gonna loan us his $100 unit:D but either way we're gonna get that dealt with soon and make sure the ph is good...

smokin427 said:
i grew some auto ak47 this summer and saw the same thing. one plant was a bit darker than my other later on in the grow, but both turned out dank as hell. check the link if youre interested. and it pays off in the end; ak47 is a GREAT high!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45013

nice lookin grow there smokin427 :D looks like the auto's did ok outside, what was your dry weight in the end?

2 plants = 10g = weak... :(
but they got me ripped! to get a good yield you gotta do'em indoors

Whats up, Sundancer? I'm about to germ 5 fem auto Aks myself. If you dont mind my asking, where did you get your seeds?

smokin427 said:
2 plants = 10g = weak... :(
but they got me ripped! to get a good yield you gotta do'em indoors

not a large yield for sure, but hey, you didnt put alot of work into it right? and at least it was killer smoke :hubba: ...

chefboyrd420 said:
Whats up, Sundancer? I'm about to germ 5 fem auto Aks myself. If you dont mind my asking, where did you get your seeds?

howdy chefboyrd420, i ordered my ak from dope-seeds.com, took 2 wks from order to recieve them, which i did no problem, all five have germed and are growing, one is a bit of a stragler but we're hoping she will come through ok :D (the plant i posted this thread about) ...i have a grow journal going in the GJ section if you'd like to see all the pllants...:)

HippyInEngland said:
Soil too dry and PH out.

:peace:

hiya HIE :D i watered them last night and i am gonna see what i can do about getting a PH meter and get that under control...im not feeding them anything so their only getting whats in the fox farm soil, they are showing some dry spots on some of the leaves, could this be from lack of water? or could it be nute burn from the soil, ive read that the ffof is a pretty strong mix...i attached a pic that shows one with some of the dry spots...

dry spots.jpg

well...checked the ph of the runoff and it read 6.7 ...the leaves seem to be getting dryer, it does not seem to be lack of water, as i watered the night before last and its sill moist an inch down... the new growth on the tops of them look good...

Picture 005-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back