Purple Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
IMG_3578.jpeg
IMG_3547.jpeg
IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

I brought this plant upstairs to trim today.
“What strain is that?”, Ole’ Brown Thumb asked. I could definitely see the plant had her full interest.
“White Widow.”, was my short, and sweet answer.
“That doesn’t look like any of the other White Widow’s that you have grown.”, she unnecessarily pointed out.
“It sure doesn’t.”, l proudly replied.

I don’t know what I did differently than I have done with any other plant, but this is the purplest plant I have ever seen.
I have never noticed any kind of color coming from any of the other WW’s I have grown.
Maybe I am the only one that finds this interesting.

Last edited:
I don’t know, but I also wanted to add, the buds are kind of airy. Not nearly as dense as usual.
The smell is pine with some fuel undertones, with a slight hint of fruit.
The fruit is just a waft here and there, with no real defining consistency. You can’t quite make out what fruit it is you are smelling, but I want to lean towards blueberry.
I just pulled this plant from a dark closet, where it had remained for 48 hours before I took pics during and after the deboning process.
I have been letting my plants go through 24 to 48 hours of darkness lately, and have noticed it really enhances color.
I wish everyone of you could see these in person.

View attachment 337355View attachment 337357View attachment 337358
View attachment 337361
“What strain is that?”, Ole’ Brown Thumb asked. I could definitely see the plant had her full interest.
“That doesn’t look like any of the other White Widow’s that you have grown.”, she unnecessarily pointed out.

I don’t know what I did differently than I have done with any other plant, but this is the purplest plant I have ever seen.
I have never noticed any kind of color coming from any of the other WW’s I have grown.
That is one beautiful plant. Some recessive gene somewhere in it lineage fought its way to the top of the heap.

View attachment 337355View attachment 337357View attachment 337358
View attachment 337361

Wow she’s beautiful for sure 💕💕💕💕💕

That is one beautiful plant. Some recessive gene somewhere in it lineage fought its way to the top of the heap.
Yeah, but I am pretty sure it’s a clone that came from a perfectly normal looking WW. Although, it does seem like I may have planted two seeds, and only took clones from one plant.
I will have to dump the pot in a little while and see if there is a tap root, or not.

Holy purps!!!! Whats it smell like?

IMG_3585.jpeg

The purple has about disappeared after being in a brown bag for a couple days.
IMG_3586.jpeg

I have found a few seeds. The CS? notated on the back of the baggy is to remind me that the seeds could have possibly came from that Chocolate Skunk that hermed on me a few weeks ago.

I don’t know, but I also wanted to add, the buds are kind of airy. Not nearly as dense as usual.
The smell is pine with some fuel undertones, with a slight hint of fruit.
The fruit is just a waft here and there, with no real defining consistency. You can’t quite make out what fruit it is you are smelling, but I want to lean towards blueberry.
I just pulled this plant from a dark closet, where it had remained for 48 hours before I took pics during and after the deboning process.
I have been letting my plants go through 24 to 48 hours of darkness lately, and have noticed it really enhances color.
I wish everyone of you could see these in person.

pine , fuel , and fruit

now that is a world class terpene producer

IMG_3588.jpeg

I don’t believe it’s from seed. Ain’t no taproot in that mess.
The only thing I did differently was switch over to Jacks recently, but that plant didn’t get very much of it before the chop.
Like I said, I didn’t even realize it was that purple until I switched from HPS, to LED. It just looked normal under HPS.

Beautiful plants and harvest. I'm with most others out there. What is this purple girl? Ive never seen WW do that...until now. Stunning. I guess we never really can be 100% sure what that next bean will bring. The exact reason I love growing.
Jacks ya say? Ive not read a bad report yet on Jack's n cannabis. Most are amazed and never look back.

Beautiful plants and harvest. I'm with most others out there. What is this purple girl? Ive never seen WW do that...until now. Stunning. I guess we never really can be 100% sure what that next bean will bring. The exact reason I love growing.
Jacks ya say? Ive not read a bad report yet on Jack's n cannabis. Most are amazed and never look back.
I am not looking back. I love simple.

Where did the Purple Widow come from?
I'm to stoned to look it up.🤪😋👁️😎😱🍿😁
It was a pheno that showed up in some feminized seeds that I bought from Seedsman. The Purple Widow threw a few seeds. Let me look when I get home and see how many I have. I will mail a few out if anyone interested.

I have 30 seeds that came from the purple widow. As stated earlier in this thread, I think it’s more than likely a cutting that came from a regular WW, and if so, I have no explanation for the purple buds.
Also, there is a strong possibility that the pollen that created the seeds are from a Chocolate Skunk that hermed on me.
With all that said, if anyone wants a few of these seeds to tinker with, let me know.
The seeds should be fems.

Where did the Purple Widow come from?
I'm to stoned to look it up.🤪😋👁️😎😱🍿😁
The original Purple Widow was created by De Sjamaan and it was a white widow x Power Purple ...The buds come out to be so dark purple tht they look black, it s a strain I ve searched for over 15 years now.. I Bred a great female PW to a blueberry headband and created an insanely euphoric strain. I gifted everyone seeds and the remaining seeds were lost so I ve been trying to recreate it.. I love how this WW turned purple..

I have 30 seeds that came from the purple widow. As stated earlier in this thread, I think it’s more than likely a cutting that came from a regular WW, and if so, I have no explanation for the purple buds.
Also, there is a strong possibility that the pollen that created the seeds are from a Chocolate Skunk that hermed on me.
With all that said, if anyone wants a few of these seeds to tinker with, let me know.
The seeds should be fems.
How was the high from this plant??? WW is a great strain.. I like the euphoric socialble buzz from the original..

I love the looks of different kinds of buds, but the buzz is the discriminating feature for me.
I grew a strain of Black Vietnamese crossed with something that I can't remember. It was claimed that it would be ready for use in eight weeks. Turned out that ten was a minimum, and twelve was pristine. The buds were huge, but not overly colorful. The stuff would flat out lay my ears back.
We got in a batch many years ago that we named California no high. Every bud looked identical and had just fallen off the cover of High Times. Beautiful stuff. No buzz.

Latest posts

Back