Auto Flowering times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t51972

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but autos always take longer than advertised. They are always listed by the time it takes to finish. First, is that time from the day I see the seedling? Or from when it starts flowering to harvest?
I have yet to grow an auto that did not take longer that advertised. Currently, I have an Amnesia auto at 17 weeks and 6'4", 196 cm. Amnesia auto was from Seedsman. On the site it's 11 wk to finish and 110 cm height..
Do y'all find this to be true?
Yield is usually notr has high either? Once or twice I came in over.
I am not upset about this because I can grow smoke that I want, and it is easier to hide. The last plant I grew outside, before autos, reached 14 ft and took 16 months. But what a plant and what a high.
Around my area, sativa smoke is difficult to find. All these kids seem to want is a couch lock. I went and got old, and resting ain't a problem.
Very happy with the autos.
Be Good, Be Kind Razzu
And in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give The Beatles

It was an Oaxacan sativa. There was no freeze and it just kept going. I bought a couple of kilos which was to limbs with huge long feathery buds. Tasted like pine. The high was not for nighttime unless u had to be awake. Very creative, I love the land races. Loved to find some Michoacán.

I don't understand how an auto flower would go 17 weeks. Your buds will be ruined if you are watching the trichomes aren't they all amber?
So, if they say so many weeks that is suppose to mean when it finishes flowering, but you are correct that it is never right. I think it is just an estimate. I like my buds to have milky white trichomes with only one or two amber ones. I like a more energetic high.

This Amnesia Auto by fast buds is close to 20 weeks old. The buds trichomes are bright, clear and happy. She is not going to yield a lot compared to size, but what she will yield is amazing. Been cutting those little buds near the trunk and those that are better off to give the main cola more. I figure a week maybe

Yeah, you gotta remember that these advertised times is with their quickest finishing phenotype and most
likely your looking at hydro finish times which come in quicker then soil grown. So pretty much best case scenario. Misleading for sure.

My standard rule of thumb is: Auto Indica dom 75 days to 80., Sativa dom anywhere from 90 to 120 days.

Seems like you lean towards the Sativa dom strains, which I too love, so be prepared to run them a lot longer to finish properly. Even the Indica dom strains they do the same, it's to increase sells.. experience tells you these are not realistic in any way. If they say 60, it's usually 70. or more. hehe.

haha i thought i was the one growing amnesia auto from seedsman so long. i think they should do sth with description, mb the word auto in the name of this strain is odd lmao

Maybe it's just me, but autos always take longer than advertised. They are always listed by the time it takes to finish. First, is that time from the day I see the seedling? Or from when it starts flowering to harvest?
I have yet to grow an auto that did not take longer that advertised. Currently, I have an Amnesia auto at 17 weeks and 6'4", 196 cm. Amnesia auto was from Seedsman. On the site it's 11 wk to finish and 110 cm height..
Do y'all find this to be true?
Yield is usually notr has high either? Once or twice I came in over.
I am not upset about this because I can grow smoke that I want, and it is easier to hide. The last plant I grew outside, before autos, reached 14 ft and took 16 months. But what a plant and what a high.
Around my area, sativa smoke is difficult to find. All these kids seem to want is a couch lock. I went and got old, and resting ain't a problem.
Very happy with the autos.
Be Good, Be Kind Razzu
And in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give The Beatles
My experience with autos so far is that most finish in 10-12 weeks. You are growing from seed and each plant will be a little different. Also peoples grow styles and skills vary quite a bit so I would expect stuff to finish in roughly 10-12 weeks but you should anticipate outliers. Also I don't even track yield weight because you can't really hold the breeders to a standard.

Most of these finish times are best case scenario.. Fastest pheno, grown most likely in hydro as it tends to finish faster the dirt.. None of these are quotes from Organic growing for sure.. and this is nothing new, ever had a photo period end when quoted.. they do same thing to get you to purchase them..
Especially when Sativa dom. they have no clue what pheno your going to get and if it leans towards the slower flowering parent, for sure gonna take longer. don't let this bother ya to much, salesman are not known for honesty..
I run all my basic Autos at a min of 70 days even when they say ready in 55 days... 2wks over their quote is usually pretty close but have run a few to 80..

Mephisto Day 39
IMG_20231014_055358.jpg
IMG_20231014_055413.jpg

Glad to see older threads opened back up.😁

I love opening older threads. Theres a lot of learning to be done. I have gained a lot just by doing that.

Like opening a old book or a lost treasure chest.🥰
Or sometimes a big can of worms.😱

Latest posts

Back