Carty Grows Jan's Gifts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carty

Check out my big Black Oger
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
First off, Jan, it has been such a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you as a friend. your talents are incredible, but your sharing is epic.

Decided to do a Jan run, and here is what I dropped into water last night. Total of 6 feminized Autos to be started off in 1gal plastic orchid pots. (only). hehe.

4 - Strawberry Pie x Gorilla Squatch
1 - LSD25
and one I grew recently that I want to hit with pollen now that I know just how awesome she is..
1 - Iced Latte

Soil has yet to be determined but most likely I will keep this grow simple and use Miracle Grow container growing soil with added perlite.. I always add extra perlite
to most any mix cept the Roots Organics usually had plenty from stock, but no longer available in my area... I did find I can order most any soil and have it delivered
to Walmart, bought my recent Promix from there but again, stored outside in the rain.. grrrrr.. bug eggs.

Foods... and this is all I will use.
Foxfarm 3pt
Grow Big
Big Bud
Tiger Bloom

for Calmag I'm using their Bushmaster version.

kiss method... I do a light flushing few days before up potting just to remove any residues built up, not much of a flush really... a heavy over watering... on a gallon pot
I'll run maybe a 1/4 a gallon thru it. organics don't build up like salt based do.. so I never get the dark yellow or brown water coming off of it.. switched to organics 17yrs ago and never went back, the taste is phenomenal.

Up pot to 2gal felt pots since I'm running 6 plants, only way all will fit into my flower tent.

Stay tuned, tonight they all go into damp paper towels and into baggies and then..... into my wife's oven mit.. no not a pun. Oven mit is dark and warm.. you want to
get and keep the seed above 55f to begin germination, so avoid really cold water to start them off ok.. dark and warm mimics in the ground, moisture mimics first rainfall.

Let the Jan games begin.... love you Jan.

First off, Jan, it has been such a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you as a friend. your talents are incredible, but your sharing is epic.

Decided to do a Jan run, and here is what I dropped into water last night. Total of 6 feminized Autos to be started off in 1gal plastic orchid pots. (only). hehe.

4 - Strawberry Pie x Gorilla Squatch
1 - LSD25
and one I grew recently that I want to hit with pollen now that I know just how awesome she is..
1 - Iced Latte

Soil has yet to be determined but most likely I will keep this grow simple and use Miracle Grow container growing soil with added perlite.. I always add extra perlite
to most any mix cept the Roots Organics usually had plenty from stock, but no longer available in my area... I did find I can order most any soil and have it delivered
to Walmart, bought my recent Promix from there but again, stored outside in the rain.. grrrrr.. bug eggs.

Foods... and this is all I will use.
Foxfarm 3pt
Grow Big
Big Bud
Tiger Bloom

for Calmag I'm using their Bushmaster version.

kiss method... I do a light flushing few days before up potting just to remove any residues built up, not much of a flush really... a heavy over watering... on a gallon pot
I'll run maybe a 1/4 a gallon thru it. organics don't build up like salt based do.. so I never get the dark yellow or brown water coming off of it.. switched to organics 17yrs ago and never went back, the taste is phenomenal.

Up pot to 2gal felt pots since I'm running 6 plants, only way all will fit into my flower tent.

Stay tuned, tonight they all go into damp paper towels and into baggies and then..... into my wife's oven mit.. no not a pun. Oven mit is dark and warm.. you want to
get and keep the seed above 55f to begin germination, so avoid really cold water to start them off ok.. dark and warm mimics in the ground, moisture mimics first rainfall.

Let the Jan games begin.... love you Jan.
I can hardy wait to see what they do. So excited.

Last edited:
Now see, you just add the name Jan to your grow thread and people come out of the woodwork to
check things out... I will do my best to not disappoint..

Today they got planted... oh, want to hear about a stoner move. I never added water to the LSD 25 seedling. weird part is, it worked out as I forgot I was 3 pots short... only having 7 left of the original 10..
3 are fill atm with plants... hehe. leaving me 4. so the LSD 25 went back into stock....

5 seeds, 4 pots I doubled up on 2 of Jan's but one had yet to show a tail so planted it on the side.. if it shows up I'll deal then.... so far though it's looking like 3 of Jan's seeds and the Iced Latte' I grew recently that I want to hit with pollen, just not sure which one yet... hehe. Leaning towards Gabagoo because the Iced Latte was a small plant but frosty as heck like Gabagoo.... have to call it Gabafrost... hahaha

So... someone recently asked me for a photo of the 1gal pots I start my Auto's in... found them when I met someone who grows Orchids and explained to me how they are an air root plant, no soil, usually kept in bark just to hold the plant. therefore the planters are very air fed. been using them 10yrs now washing and reusing...
IMG_20240528_193213.jpg
IMG_20240528_193218.jpg
IMG_20240528_193156.jpg

Of course, I always start by floating seeds for 2 days. Iced Latte had already sprouted a tail at 24hrs.. after 48hrs they went into damp paper towels and into a baggie, then into the ole oven mit trick..
IMG_20240525_212618.jpg
IMG_20240528_193126.jpg
IMG_20240528_193130.jpg

Miracle Grow potting mix for container growing.... keeping it simple and, just $11 for a huge bag...
IMG_20240528_193325.jpg
IMG_20240528_194534.jpg

No foods, water only....let the games begin.... and thanks Jan.

So... someone recently asked me for a photo of the 1gal pots I start my Auto's in... found them when I met someone who grows Orchids and explained to me how they are an air root plant, no soil, usually kept in bark just to hold the plant. therefore the planters are very air fed. been using them 10yrs now washing and reusing...
View attachment 357303View attachment 357304View attachment 357305

Of course, I always start by floating seeds for 2 days. Iced Latte had already sprouted a tail at 24hrs.. after 48hrs they went into damp paper towels and into a baggie, then into the ole oven mit trick..
View attachment 357306View attachment 357307View attachment 357308

Miracle Grow potting mix for container growing.... keeping it simple and, just $11 for a huge bag...
View attachment 357309View attachment 357310

No foods, water only....let the games begin.... and thanks Jan.
Yw

Pretty fast you ask me....

Ok... of the 3 pots with Jan's seeds, 2 are up and green, the last pot the seedling just curled up into a snuggly Jeff as I call it, or just made up, and died on me. so, with a week bit of attitude I wanted to put something else down gifted to me from Jan.... soooooo: "Fook Around and Find Out" fem'd was added to see how she does... no germinating, just into wet soil, don't ever allow it to dry out while germinating seedling is all... I use an eye dropper so as not to move the seed around much... few days she'll be up...

For now, 2 of Jan's Strawberry crosses and the single Iced Latte'.... remember her, ran her recently and was one of the frostiest plants ever.... so this time I'll hit her with pollen..

photos soon...

First 2 plants are doing great... Jan 1 and Iced Latte' are both doing excellent... Fook around and find out just kicked it's shell off and will be considered to of been born on the 8th because it hasn't fully opened up.
so it will be listed as being born on Carty's Birthday. the 4th plant hasn't shown yet but it's also the 3rd strain to go into that pot. Is the pot cursed... hehe.

If I wind up with just the 3 it will allow me to grow the branches out and do some staking... either way it will be fun.

photos soon.. won't be on much tomorrow but for sure will pop in and see who all wishes this old man a Happy Birthday.. Ladybug's was a week ago but wasn't feeling to well... tonight she is back to her snarky self. Tomorrow I plan on doing a wake n bake, head to the pool at 10am till about noon. bringing a book to relax at pool side. breaking out my newest pool toy. A hammock with big pink flamingo on it.. that's right, I'm going full on trailer park trash baby. swim suit otw with Pink Flamingo's on it too.... hahaha.

Ah sweet.... gonna send me some. HAHAHAHA.. I'd say that's a solid NO. lol. Trim jail sucks, starts out
fun then becomes to much like work.
I can bet on one thing for sure Jan. Your Pink Mango x GDP turned out much better then this one did..
the guy just wouldn't listen ya know. buds wound up being airy and fall apart easily to smoke it.. very sticky and stinks, gets ya stoned.... but talk about no bag appeal. It was for sure a hybrid confused and leans towards the Pink Mango.

Mine got the GDP pheno smells like fruity citrusy then a stink. The buds were beautiful. I don't think I tried it yet but cant remember. The GDP I grew and harvested a few weeks ago I tested today got me ripped. I was hoping for a good daytime strain but so far the only one good for daytime was the panama red. That s.hit snaps. It gets me very high but somehow I can still think and do stuff. Not just a veg on a couch. That is what I need. At least for daytime when my Son sleeps. The stuff I have harvested so far all much better than last time. Very impressed with the sour vengeance. Those were testers from X. I started with 9 seeds. One was a slacker and I asked the person I was testing for If he wanted me ti see what it does. he said kill it. So I did. I also had a few males. I ended up with 5 decent plants I lollipopped and the buds were huge. Even the smaller buds were decent sized. I will def lollipop again. I lollipopped the panama reds too but they were not as huge as the Sour vengeance. The king kandy was great but tasted awful. I used must of it in a few batches of oil to make salve. Oh well I got more stuff growing. Beast mode pollen is on everything. I was looking at my WW and My GDP both are seeded. Not just the 2 branches. We wanted seeds we will have seeds even the wwx trainwreck looks seeded. Only one kind of pollen used so it os all good.

Sorry about being rude how are ya feeling any better?
When were you rude? your always sweet Jan, your like my sister as we are very close in age I think.... and my sister's an ass... hahaha. nah, she's alright...
this Covid crap is real and from all our symptoms, seems like this is the older strain where you cannot smell or taste a thing... ran a fever for 2 days, went thru a few shirts breaking it and sweating.... yuck. now it's low energy and actually nodding off a lot, napping.. Sunday will be a week and seems like by then it will of ran it's course, just hope this no taste thing goes away....

Here's Jan #1
IMG_20240614_202249.jpg

IMG_20240614_202754.jpg

My first post after you came back and are still sick. My ass didn't even ask how you were…Rude I tells ya

Latest posts

Back