Average Crop Size Per Light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Horse

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but just curious on the size of a persons harvest per wattage light. I know there are a lot of variables here, sativa's and indica's, co2 and all, but what seems to be an average yield per wattage of light? I have two 400 watt hps lights, no co2 ,with 4 sativa's, 2 indica's, and planning to get a pound after 2 months of flowering (2 oz's per sativa and 3 oz's per indica). It doesn't sound like I'm reaching my potential going by the .5-1 gram per watt rule.

Should I expect like 2 pounds every 2 months with 800 watts:watchplant: ?

1lb per 1000watts is good with soil and no Co2
dry weight

1.5lbs is excellent
I've never reached 2lb per light.

Is that per month, or every two months. What I mean is- a 1000 watt light for two months of flowering, I should expect 1lb of dried bud? Seems like a guy should get more.

thats for 2 months of flowering.

I use 2 lights on 4.5' x 9' area.
maybe a closet grow is more efficient?

Jorge Cervantes says that for a 1000 watt light you should expect just over a pound a month. I am no where near that.

I'm not sure why they would say per month.
when a flower cycle is 6-10 weeks.
the wierd part is my 8 week strain dosn't yield as much, as my 6 week strain.

I don't understand "per month"

Yeah that is what I didn't understand either. He always goes by per month.

It yields less due to the strain. It must be sativa if its a long cycle and they aren't as heavy. I get 1.25-1.5 lb per 1000, but thats with 16 plants and co2. If you can get 12 oz off that you'll be lucky

Crazy Horse said:
Jorge Cervantes says that for a 1000 watt light you should expect just over a pound a month. I am no where near that.

on the back of the book it says "blah blah learn how growers harvest more than a pound of bud per 1000w bulb every 60 days"

Whats your point man? You should be able to get more!

The reason your not getting the amount you want is down to the amount of plants you grow mixed with the veg time you give them, these two things have to correspond if you want to get your yields up.

If your only going to grow 2 plants per 400w light then your going to need bigger plants to reach that yield growing in soil. 2 plants under 1 light in soil each achieving on average 3.5 ounces dry to get the 0.5g per watt means your going to have to veg for a longer period and need more tops than what your getting now.

The other way you could go would be to achieve 2 ounces a plant and grow 4 females per 400 watt light this would also get you in that 0.5g-1.0g per watt bracket.

Thanks fella's, I thought I was getting way under what I was supposed to be getting. I know I haven't grown to my potential, but I think I am doing alright for my trailer park grow opp.

Latest posts

Back