Avid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
Hello MP family. I got my hands on a fert that is the same composition as Avid miticide. I tried it and noticed that it has sort of a benzene like smell to it. I also would like to ask if anyone has used it before? I will not be using it in flowering. I used it 3 days ago and i was planning to give them a second hit today and 2 or 3 more at 3 day intervals. It is very hot nowadays. I was wondering if i am overdoing it or not as i do not know what residual effect it has. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

For mites you have to disrupt the life cycle. Use it 3 times once every other day. Reason is you have to kill the unhatched eggs as well. Do this and problem solved. If you don't the unhatched eggs will hatch and start laying fresh eggs. Take them into flower and you have a whole different problem.

Thank you for that OF. Boo is saying use it once and done. I dont want to take any risks at all, what would a couple more hits do, Eh? :D
One application will kill everything that he touches that’s alive, but it will not get the eggs. A follow up application on the eggs and then everything is dead. Keep in mind that Avid is one of the nastiest poisons you can put on a plant. I would use it in early veg only… what is the dosage that you’re proposing to apply

Why not use Spinosad. It kills mites and it's no toxic.

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/spinosadgen.html

What is spinosad?​

ants.jpg

Spinosad is a natural substance made by a soil bacterium that can be toxic to insects. It is a mixture of two chemicals called spinosyn A and spinosyn D. It is used to control a wide variety of pests. These include thrips, leafminers, spider mites, mosquitoes, ants, fruit flies and others

Why not use Spinosad. It kills mites and it's no toxic.

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/spinosadgen.html

What is spinosad?​

ants.jpg

Spinosad is a natural substance made by a soil bacterium that can be toxic to insects. It is a mixture of two chemicals called spinosyn A and spinosyn D. It is used to control a wide variety of pests. These include thrips, leafminers, spider mites, mosquitoes, ants, fruit flies and others
I have spinosad and it did not kill the mites unfortunately. It works flawlessly on worms.

One application will kill everything that he touches that’s alive, but it will not get the eggs. A follow up application on the eggs and then everything is dead. Keep in mind that Avid is one of the nastiest poisons you can put on a plant. I would use it in early veg only… what is the dosage that you’re proposing to apply
I am plannimg a follow up 3 days after the first application. I am using 7ml of 2% avermectin per 10liters. I still have a full month of vegging.

I never tried it on Mite investation. I always used my Alcohol at 30% with water at 70% with a spoon full of dish soap in a spray Bottle. Killed them every time. I repeated every few days until no mites.
Ive been using the Spinosad on my veggies as a preventative. No bugs whatsoever this year, so im sold on the Spinosad at least as a preventative.

I never tried it on Mite investation. I always used my Alcohol at 30% with water at 70% with a spoon full of dish soap in a spray Bottle. Killed them every time. I repeated every few days until no mites.
Ive been using the Spinosad on my veggies as a preventative. No bugs whatsoever this year, so im sold on the Spinosad at least as a preventative.
I suspect it is the soap that is killing them. I tried alcohol and it did nothing. I tried h2o2 worked great on turning my leaves to golden color while keeping the mites alive. I once tried drowning a plant for hours then put it back up to dry i had to rub my eyes but yes those fukers were alive! Organic potassium soap is agricultural grade and will kill on contact but useless once dry. They just keep coming back and i will be spraying my buds with it which i dont want to do.

You have to not only kill the ones that are alive but eggs are hatching constantly...an adult female can lay up to 25 eggs a day and those eggs become adults in 7 days and are now laying more eggs. Total infestation happens virtually over night. Do what Boo and I said. I do it a 3rd time just to make sure.

I am plannimg a follow up 3 days after the first application. I am using 7ml of 2% avermectin per 10liters. I still have a full month of vegging.
Please bear with me as my mind is a little foggy today. The dosage I use is 1/4 of a teaspoon per gallon of water and I’m not sure how that equates to your measurements in milliliters. I guarantee you knocked down but it is a nasty chemical to use…please use psd’s and be sure to apply 100%coverage… miss a prego female and it’s game on…

Please bear with me as my mind is a little foggy today. The dosage I use is 1/4 of a teaspoon per gallon of water and I’m not sure how that equates to your measurements in milliliters. I guarantee you knocked down but it is a nasty chemical to use…please use psd’s and be sure to apply 100%coverage… miss a prego female and it’s game on…
6 tsp per ounce so you so a quarter tsp is 0.042 oz per gallon. That is a ratio of 0.000325. So in metric, that would be 0.325 ml per liter so your mix is 3.25 ml per 10 liters or about half what zem used. If the bugs died and the plant didn’t, maybe mix you next batch @zem at about half the strength you used on the first treatment. Somebody check my math but I came out with the same dosage from two different directions.

Latest posts

Back