babies shriveled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetnug

Reaction score
I transplant 10 into a 3x3 ebb/flow from an aeroponic cloner. The res was 68 degrees, 600 ppm (Hanna), 6.2 ph, 78 degrees in the table, 40 percent humidity, new rinsed hydroton, under a 4 foot 6 light T-5. After 2 floods 3 shriveled and died. I use tap and distilled 3/1. could it be shock, water quality or anything else. I would appreciate some help I am between a rock and a hard place I do have another with ten in it and they are fine

Sounds like maybe the three were harmed while putting them into the media for the ebb and flow.

It happens. I've grown lots and lots of plants in ebb and flow and have had the same thing happen. Sometimes the stems break while transplanting.

If the rest are ok, I'm betting that was your problem. A stem could have gotten pinched as well. Even a scrape from a fingernail can cause it.

Thanks I thought maybe that could be it. sometimes you do everything right and nature just takes over. what do you know about tips curling down. It is happening on 60% of leaves but almost zero brown tips. The new growth has no curling just the older ones. It isnt consistent and the growth is good. they are 3 weeks old in veg and I gave them 1200 ppm.

sweetnug said:
Thanks I thought maybe that could be it. sometimes you do everything right and nature just takes over. what do you know about tips curling down. It is happening on 60% of leaves but almost zero brown tips. The new growth has no curling just the older ones. It isnt consistent and the growth is good. they are 3 weeks old in veg and I gave them 1200 ppm.

Do you have pics? How big are they? 1200 ppm sounds high for small plants right after a transplant.

sweetnug said:

It sounds like you may have a Magnesium deficiency starting. Do you have hard water?

If you mix one tablespoon of Epsom Salts per/gallon of water, it should resolve it.

Try using a quarter strength nutrient solution as a foliar feed until the mg lockout is finished.

You should see a difference in two days max. The leafs that are already harmed won't heal, but you should see no new problems and new growth should be healthy.

Let us all know how you do.

Good luck man!

They are 8"-9" tall. Its mostly the lower leaves that are curling down and only on the fans. Could epsom salts hurt if it wasn't a mg deficiency ?

sweetnug said:
They are 8"-9" tall. Its mostly the lower leaves that are curling down and only on the fans. Could epsom salts hurt if it wasn't a mg deficiency ?

No, at that strength, it won't hurt anything.

Latest posts

Back