bag seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjadude11

Reaction score
is it possible to grow plants that r good from bag seeds or will it grow the
same quality that the seeds came from

..Okay.. so we have "smelly jelly", "hot grow chick" and "timmyjg6" ALL the same user, with multiple names.. Is there a purpose for this?..
Not that we have any rules or restrictions here on it, just curious...and it confuses my little mind :p

ganjadude11 said:

What u mean Bagg Seeds ? I am growing bag seeds from Mexico and this weed has been Compress and it Crap if u ask me !!. But it a Start..
I myself thinking I need to learn to clone to make the THC % go up..

Hay Hick, to answer your question. No, me, smelly jelly and hot grow chick are not the same person. Smelly Jelly is my partner in crime/co. grower. And Hot grow chick is my girl friend.

ganjadude11 said:
Sometimes you can find plants from bagseed that will be better than the highest priced beans plants would be. There are a lot of factors when growing bagseeds. "...like a boxful of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get"-Forrest Gump:D.

Yes you can grow good bud from bag seed, but there are a few downsides as well. Firstly you don't know what you are growing, so you don't really know how to optimize the strain and get everything out of it.
Secondly, MOST but not all bag seed that you just buy on the street is going to be a commercial strain. I think that growing bag seed is the best way to get into growing MJ, because if you have a problem you have not spent a bunch of money on really good genetics, so you can learn and experiment.

The last problem i see with bag seed is the quality of the actual seed is USUALLY not as high as seeds that you buy from a reputable seeds shop. This is because the seed breeders are growing MJ just to harvest the seeds, while in the bag seed, that could be a sign of a hermie trait, because the seeds should not be there, commercial growers do not grow MJ to harvest seeds, seeds are something that they want to avoid, but when growing hundreds or thousands of plants these things happen.

Timmyjg6 said:
Hay Hick, to answer your question. No, me, smelly jelly and hot grow chick are not the same person. Smelly Jelly is my partner in crime/co. grower. And Hot grow chick is my girl friend.
Well that explains it then.. :) I just noticed you all commenting on the same grow, as if it were yours, and caused a wunder...
thanks

Hick said:
You can often get fantastic results from 'bagseeds'..

Word!

Bagseed can often produce better weed than the bag it came from. If it don't go hermie on ya that is.

You're putting more time & care into it than those commercial growers & the plants can have a better chance to thrive.

Also, bag seed is the best way for a beginner to start. You can learn the basics and get a few good grows under your belt without spending all that money on high end genetics.

yes for sure. Im using bagseed also. Does it matter if the strain is indica or sativa? I live in Ohio yesterday i read that Ohio'season is 4 months instead of 6. And you need sativa for this area?

Latest posts

Back