baking used dirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick said:
.."baked dirt".. I think I ate that as a special in some truck stop on I-40 once... ;)
Just once more like every other choke n puke's special

Johnnyrotten123 said:
it kinda smells like brownies...no joke atleast thats what the family says.[/QUOT

all kids have made "mudpies" I can see it now "daddyThumb, u have room for these mudpies we just made?":dancing:

LOL My son actually loves seeing the garden, he's only 2...he says 'daddy's medicine!!' every time he sees them, then 'ooooo pretty!' I'm sure he'll get into mudpies as soon as i let him into the vegetable garden...doubt i'll ever let him play with the meds though, until he's old enough to understand what it's about. I reckon i'll even make some mudpies with him ;)

They serve that in Cajun restraunts--they call it etoufe.

PencilHead said:
They serve that in Cajun restraunts--they call it etoufe.

I always wondered what etoufe was:rofl::rofl:

My wife and I, before she was my wife, were in a ritzy joint in Tampa doing the court and spark thing--you know, spending money you don't have. I mentioned how etouffe had an unpleasant taste buried down in there somewhere--no, not just this particular etouffe but all etouffe.

I say: I can't put my finger on it.

She says: Is it the taste of mud?

Haven't had the urge for etouffe or crawdads in a long time.

Oh but it's SO good! I Geh rahn teeee... Bring on dem mud bugs, oui?

Some friendly, Etouffee facts:

Étouffée or etouffee is a Creole and Cajun dish typically served with shellfish or chicken over rice and is similar to gumbo. It is most popular in the bayou country in the southern half of Louisianna.

In French the word "étouffée" (borrowed into english as "stoved") means, literally, "smothered" or "suffocated", from the verb "étouffer"

053107-crayfishetouffee.jpg

Latest posts

Back