Ballast Freaking out....HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
My electronic lumeteck ballast wont relight when the timer cuts it off... I have to unplug it for a while and fiddle with it then it will relight.... Has this happened to anyone...Ive already missed scheduled on's twice by about a few hours.

I need to be bale to keep this on a timer and I have been unsucessful...

It needs to cool down before it will fire back up. I have two 1000w digital ballasts. Everytime I unplug one I just leave it unplugged for 15-20 minutes before even bothering to plug it back in. Also with digital ballasts I have noticed it takes longer to fire an HPS vs. MH.

BuddyLuv said:
It needs to cool down before it will fire back up. I have two 1000w digital ballasts. Everytime I unplug one I just leave it unplugged for 15-20 minutes before even bothering to plug it back in. Also with digital ballasts I have noticed it takes longer to fire an HPS vs. MH.
what he said:rolleyes:same deal hear they need to cool for 5-10 min

New_2_Chronic said:
My electronic lumeteck ballast wont relight when the timer cuts it off... I have to unplug it for a while and fiddle with it then it will relight.... Has this happened to anyone...Ive already missed scheduled on's twice by about a few hours.

I need to be bale to keep this on a timer and I have been unsucessful...

You need to explain what is going on a little better. Are you saying that the light does not come on at its scheduled time after a dark period? Are you sure that it is not your timer that is bad?

Or are you saying that it does not come back on immediately after being shut off? As already mentioned, it takes a while for them to come back on, but not several hours.

When you say that you "fiddle with it", what exactly do you do?

If you are flowering, it is better to miss an "on", than it is an "off".

Okay the light does not come on after a dark period. My dark period is during the wee morning hours. goes off a 1:00am and back on at 7:00am. At 7 am it does not come back on. It plugged in but off...

When i fiddle with it I basicly break it down to the pieses that came in the box, and remove the light and put it back in. after doing this a few times it comes back on, then i have to remount it back on the room.

This is kind of a mute point as I think I am finding out what the problam is...Not enough power.... I think its a 15 amp circut...

I have a window A/c and the light on the same circut... I guess its just not enough and I will have to run a 30 amp circut...

Hopefully thats whats going on...Im in Veg not flower....

Try another outlet!!!

had a similar problem not long ago, i guess. i asked a buddy, he said to unscrew the bulb and pull out the prong a little in the fixture. when you take the light out look straight down the inside of the fixture, not the treaded connection but one at end might need to be pulled out a little to make a stronger connection to the tip of the bulb.

if its a new light/ballast.id call whoever you bought it from and see about a replacement.i had to send back one of my ballasts. id just be very careful messing with the wires and what not if you arent familior with electrical units.you dont want a fire.anyways..good luck

So I now I feel like a total dud.... I did what you guys suggested here and all with no help. So yesterday I bought a Heavy Duty Timer and guess what? No problems...lol.It was a Puff Monkey suggested,,,.. it was the freakin timer... I just bought it so I didnt think it was.

looks like shes workin now... Now i just have to figure out how to use this space age timer i bought. The timer i had was 10amps, i got a 15 amp timer now.

New_2_Chronic said:
So I now I feel like a total dud.... I did what you guys suggested here and all with no help. So yesterday I bought a Heavy Duty Timer and guess what? No problems...lol.It was a Puff Monkey suggested,,,.. it was the freakin timer... I just bought it so I didnt think it was.

looks like shes workin now... Now i just have to figure out how to use this space age timer i bought. The timer i had was 10amps, i got a 15 amp timer now.

Glad to hear it's working now. Good luck

okay so with a new timer it worked for two day... then this morning I went out and sure enough... it was off... I dot know what going on but it worked for about 2 days now its not working again.

think this ballast is just killin timers? Could it be a bad ballast?

A 15 amp timer should be fine. Is the new timer bad? Other than maybe some kind of wiring problem, I cannot think of anything that could be causing the intermittent problem you are having. Irregular light periods during vegging are not the concern they are when in flowering. Why not just leave the light on 24/7 until you figure this out?

New_2_Chronic said:
okay so with a new timer it worked for two day... then this morning I went out and sure enough... it was off... I dot know what going on but it worked for about 2 days now its not working again.

think this ballast is just killin timers? Could it be a bad ballast?

How many total watts are you running threw the timer? count all lights fans ect.

about 1400 watts total....

It goit me thinking... is that just too much on one timer?

Hemp,

I am waiting to switch until this is figured out... I will say though that I have 8 26 watt 6500K cfl bulbs mounted in the back of the space, so they are not in total darkness as these lights come on just fine...

During flower i will not have these in there. Onece the scedule is workin on 18/6 and I dont have any missed On's I will switch to flower/....

Latest posts

Back