Baloon boy hoax in Colorado today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poop-dog

alright alright alright
Reaction score
I watched the whole live feed at work today. So as a few of us at work imaged it turned out to be a hoax. While I have to admit watching the balloon fly across Colorado was extremely entertaining, and rooting for the soft landing came. I hate people!!

Why do people do these things? I can't imagine the work lost across the country as people where following this. The money lost from news agencies. The money lost from the helicopter following the balloon for roughly 3 hours. All the police and 911 attention. All the volunteers time and grief involved.

I truly hope they goto jail - which they wont. At bear minimum I hope they are fined or sued for what it cost plus damages.

The kid was "hiding" in a box in the attic - *** !? Seriously these people suck.. It's not even that I was worried about the child's safety. It's just the fact they wasted so much time, energy, resources, and obviously have no respect for anyone else but them. I hate people like that.

Sorry, rant over!

From what I understand it was not intentional in any way...

I read a news feed that said that there were two helicopters in the air looking for the boy at one point..one of which costs over $4000 and hour to fly and the other, roughly $700 per hour..

I do think that the parents should be responsible for every cent of the costs to deal with this..

Apparently the parents are storm chasers and are really into looking for UFOs etc..weather experiments..

that said...if you have something like that..YOU SECURE IT AND KEEP YOUR SIX YEAR OLD AWAY..HELLO??

Not a hoax and not bad people but stupid and irresponsible none the less..

my .02cents

yeah news is still reporting that the child was scared because he let his dads balloon go.If it was a hoax shame on them for wasting every ones time and teaching their kids to lie.If it isn't a hoax shame on you for starting rumors.

I read several news articles that called it a hoax. They actually have video of the 6 year old getting into and getting out of the balloon. Why on earth would they have that if this was an accident?

These people where on some tv show about swapping moms.. That to me looks like they are attention seekers. I can only imagine this is to get hype for that balloon he made.

baloon.jpg

yeah, I read about them being on the wife swapping show...

when you put it all together it makes you think...

I don't want to think that someone would joke or use their six year old's life to advance themselves in some way...

I mean I REALLLLLLLY don't want to think that...know what I mean?

I saw the live feed at work today too. Dang! When they had those helicopters in the air and said the military was prepared to lower a dude to the balloon? Man, that was sooo exciting. I thought we were gonna see some really cool sh... Well, you know. It landed on it's own. Oh well. But still, that would have been like going to the movies!

As far as hoaxes and what not? We may never truly know. Still, if it was? I gotta PR position openning up in a month or so.....;)

Just yesterday there was an article about a woman who wrote a book about having 15 abortions in 17 years. I am not against abortions but I am against people getting rich over stupid hype. All the controversy that book will cause she will most likely end up getting rich. I am just really tired of stupid things lately...

hxxp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1220095/American-abortion-addict-15-terminations-17-years-publishes-memoir.html

Just wait for the reality show " I Built a Giant Baloon cuz I'm a Friggin Idiot!"

(and the family will get $70,000 per episode like Jon and Kate plus 8..)

Okay.... so I worked until the wee hours last nite... I woke up this afternoon and I had fallen asleep with the tv on but I had muted the sound... I looked at my TV and for a few seconds I thought they were tracking a UFO on the news... until I woke up a bit and read the crawl and turned up the sound... :holysheep:

At first, I saw it and thought wow, that's kinda funny. Then it hit me, there's a TERRIFIED 6 year old boy in there with no radio or whatever. Cold, scared, alone. I sat glued to the TV and hoped for a happy ending.

When I heard that he wasn't in the thing-I freaked. Then when I heard he had been found-relief. What I am hearing today-more anger than anything else.

OK, dumb question time: when something like this happens, why don't they search the house and surrounding area? Did the Sherriff not have dogs? My dogs would have found that kid and they're pretty much useless!

I heard he was found safely at home...had they not checked there 1st? :p

And the show is called Wife Swap. Ive seen it a few times.

This whole thing is just completely bizarre..lol.

It was a hoax.. the kid said on the today show that "it was for the show" and thats why he didnt come out of hiding.. the parents were so nervous he said that you can see it on those parents probably coaxed or scared him into doing it the poor kid vomited during a tv interview this morning maybe from stress?? those parents suck!!
also on youtube...under balloon boy confesses
hxxp://www.perezhilton.com

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6UONWCq7A&feature=player_embedded

Yeah I just watched it too... what a bunch of idiots, using their 6 year old for some publicity.. A-holes if you ask me !

It's gonna be really funny for that family when they get the bill for search and rescue for over $10,000..I saw a breakdown of what it costs for just the helicopters that were used..it was over $10,000 just to pay for the choppers during the time that they were up there looking for a boy that was "lost"...

IF YOU USE YOUR KID FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN OUTLET FOR LOVE AND AFFECTION, THEN....(every sane reasonable adult can finish that sentence for themselves, cuz if I finish that sentence, it aint gonna sound nice!)

when did they stop reading Aesop's Fables to kids in school? More specifically, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"

they dont deserve those three boys....sick people.

It's a crazy world we live in, but it cool to set back and watch the masses and :laugh:

they arent gonna have to pay back a penny.

and they will get a show and make tens of thousands of dollars per episode and will be able to buy and sell all of us.

thats justn the way it is

imagine what the extended family and friends who didnt know went through...my parents would have had strokes if they thought it was a grandkid up there...I bet they get death threats and very cold shoulders everywhere they go..I wouldnt want to be them.

Latest posts

Back