BBB and Dutch Passion Present: Purple #1 and Hollands Hope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbudsbruddah

Senior Smoker
Reaction score
Hello and welcome, hope you will enjoy the following show. To start off i will give a brief overview on my set up.

Light: 400W HPS
Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Pots: 3 gallon
Ferts: Full Fox Farms Line(Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Open Seasame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha-Ching)

I let these babies veg for 3 weeks before flower. AS you can see the sativa in the Purp #1 has really made that plant shoot up. It double the size of all my other plants, which has caused me to start some LST.

Here is the breeder info on the strains.

Holland Hope

One of the first Dutch Outdoor strains, grown in Holland since the early eighties. A heavy Indica variety with a knock-out stone. Very mold resistant. Recommended.

Flowering period: 8 weeks Harvest time outdoor: end of Sept., 1 week Oct

Purple#1

A strong plant (50% Indica, 50% Sativa), easy to grow. Purple Afghan seeds have been crossed in Holland with Indica and Sativa varieties since 1983. The plants are fully adapted to the Dutch climate and have a respectable yield. This variety has calyxes that turn purple, starting at the beginning of flowering. Up to 90% of the plants turn purple. Has a rough but subtle aroma and a very good high.

Flowering period: 8 weeks Harvest time outdoor: 2nd half of Sept., 1st week of Oct

Purple #1 back, Hollands Hope Front
HHp1.jpg

Everything is still going great with the grow. My ladies are packing on some bud. So far the Hollands Hope is the only plant showing any purple yet. You will see below the LST that had to be done to Purple #1.

Hollands Hope
SS851112.jpg

SS851108.jpg

SS851123.jpg

Purple #1
SS851117.jpg

that purp1 is trying to grow str8 up outta that room:hubba: . nice hazy purple color coming through. looking sweet BBB...:D ...

Did I ever tell you I hate hermies, well I do! My Purp #1 hermied on me and a few of teh sacks opened before i caught it. I am hoeing it will not effect my crop to badly. So obvisouly I removed the Purp from teh closets it is drying now and i will try and make some hash from it i guess.

As far as the Hollansd Hope goes that plant is beautiful. It is growing a nice and dense cola of purple bud. Can't wait to see this thing to start packing bud.

Hollands Hope
HH2.jpg

HH1.jpg

The HH is a wonderful plant. Would be perfect for a SoG operation. The plant does'nt bush out at all. It is naturally compact and is making a nice size cola. The purple is really start to show through now and has a nice hashy smell to it.

Whole Thing
SS851145.jpg

Up close and personal
SS851148.jpg

SS851152.jpg

They look beautiful. I had considered buying HH but I wasn't sure if I would be venturing indoors this winter, now I'm convinced. I can't wait to see how thick it gets, good sheeit, man...

Holy shnazzleberry those are some eggzellent ladies, and uber photography, def will be tuning in from now on

holy trichs batman...:hubba: :D :hubba: ...loving the close-ups bbb. this is an interesting lady...putting it on the 'to get' list:) ...

Well the HH is still kicking some ***. Its making one nice big cola, i can't wait to see how big that thing isa gonna get. I also sprouted another Purp#1 for next round.

From the side
SS851171.jpg

From the top
SS851173.jpg

mistisrising said:
How do the trichs look? Think it'll be ready in just two weeks?

I have'nt even bothered to check yet. I will start checking in 2 weeks to see how they look.

DomsChron said:
Dude I NEED some Holands Hope LOL!

I'm right there with ya! I usually plant outside, and that what HH is, but I'm going indoors this winter, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to get some, or focus on more indoor oriented varieties. Now that I see that it will do well, I'm just waiting for the harvest to see the yield...

Latest posts

Back