Before/After Mylar Film

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movintarget

Reaction score
Good day,
I went to my new favorite store and picked up a roll of 2mil Mylar Film. This film is amazing. This film is a sure/cheap way to upgrade your lighting till you can get a higher output lighting system. As you can see from the pic's of before and after. For now I have to work with fluorescents I'm mixing one tub at 2250 lumens/5000 color temp and one at 3400 lumens/3000 color temp. Next month I'll get the 400watt hps or Metal halide set up at my new favorite store http://www.texashydroponics.com/shop/CUSTOM-BUILD-YOUR-GROW-LIGHT-HERE-p-2423.html. Just an update to show off what I'm learning from this site and my growers bible.:ciao:

Did you only put it around the walls? I've seen people put it behind the fluorescent lights as well. Look for posts by theyorker, I believe he has some nice before/after pics of that.

Sure looks like they're enjoying it, but maybe they just like looking at their reflections.:rolleyes:

I couldn't get all the pics to load for some reason, but if you buy a fluorescent specifically for growing, like a T5 they have highly reflective material behind the lights. Without it much more of the light is just wasted an absorbed by the fixture...

Latest posts

Back