White widow, Great White Shark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes turkey neck I am growing white widow it's from nirvana. It's a beautiful plant. I'm running great white shark from greenhouse and I'll be planting the cheese tomorrow. They did come in the package in the picture. Thanks!

You can flush the hel out of the soil before you put your plant in it. Get all the nutes out and use your own. It will be much easier to know what your plants are getting this way.

here's what's up.
the yellow in my plants has discontinued spreading or at least it's slowed down alot. the new growth is coming out light, and much slower so i wonder if they are just hungry now after i've washed them all out. i will wait until they grow a little more to determine this.

i flushed out the soil before i put the cheese in it. i used a half gallon of distilled water on a smaller container. it's a small cup, probably about 10 oz's or so. hopefully we will not have any problems. two weeks from today i am going to put the plants under 12/12 156 watts cfl 10,500 lumens @ 2700k. the box is 15" wide 15" front to back and 26" tall.

should i let them grow in their normal shape? should i tie and/or top?

by the way, the current lineup is 1 GWS (ghsc) 3 WW (nirvana) [two weeks old] and 1 Cheese from greenhouse i just planted today.

i may flush once more before i start adding nutes to the two week old plants.. just to be sure all the crap miracle gro fertilizer is out.

wish me luck! thanks for viewing.
front row left to right is great white shark and 2 white widows. back row is my mutant white widow and the cheese container on the right.
the big white widow seems to have a N def. type of yellowing. the newer growth seems to be darker green around the edges of leaves and lighter in the middle. what do you think?

photo.jpg

You do not need to lst the great white. It will bush out on its own. That is one of the characteristics of the strain. I never top my plants, I feel it ruins the nice fat cola you get. You can lst the WW they do not tend to be branchy. However I do reccomend getting them healthy before adding and stress to them.

Alright thanks buddy. Think it's time or nutes after all that flushing? Thanks again mang

I would go very light with nutes. WW for one is a very nute sensitive plant. I was burning 4 footers at 500 ppm. I am not sure about the Great White.

I gave two of the white widows a small feeding today. The plants are SLOWLY yellowing and the stems are getting red and hard. From my observations plants die very quickly when nute lockout occurs. These ladies however continue to grow. We'll see how they look tomorrow. Can't wait to see what's next. Really hoping this cheese goes smoothly, these problems are making me worry too much. I forgot to mention that earlier today I fed the first widow and I fed the larger one just now. I noticed that the stems from the plant I fed earlier are much less red, although the yellow isn't going away, there was some quick new growth. I may have to flip the switch for flower within days, or just tie down my ww, it's blowing up!

Thanks for reading along!

as long as the new growth isnt yellow.. your headed in the right direction, Lookin forward to a sneak preview of that Great white.. Im right behind ya!

^what Turkey said. You cannot repair the damaged leaves, just keep your eye on the new growth. also you may want to check your pH if your stems are turning red.

alright. I think dolomite lime might be a good idea. I bought ph strips but they suck. Seen a cheap digital one lately? The girlies were very perky this morning! Very happy

I hate miracle grow for these problems. Do any of these problems come up with foxfarm soil? Heard there's a lot of nutrition in that too. Thanks

alright so another watering, another flush. I think that the ph on My large white widow is in order, the rest are getting close. What's happening now is the leaves are folding upwards. Not what what this is. the cheese should pop through the soil any time now. When it does I will flower after the first few sets of leaves. Hopefully when I flower the plants will benefit from the miracle grow nutes rather than be hurt by them.

i used the ffof soil in my soil grows.i never fed my babies until they were 2 1/2 weeks old.there is enough in the soil to last that long or longer,depending on the growth.i also used the ff line of nutes.i fed at 1/4 strength for the 1st couple weeks and slowly bumped up the nute strength.worked well for me.i just got tired of buying soil and dumping it out after harvest.a big waste of money,not counting the mess with soil growing.jmo

Thanks for the input andy. I'm assuming you went hydro. I'd like to do that but I don't have the space or the money. I've loved the hydro buds I've smoked, great stuff! Hoefully I can get some ff soil + nutes, I'll probably get the loom nutes since I'll only veg for about 3 weeks. I thought I remembered hearing good things about black gold. Either way I found a site with both, and ph control. I'll get on that asap. In the meantime I gotta try and green up my babies. We'll see how it goes. The runoff was sill very yellow except for 1 or 2. Wish me luck!

I didnt wanna say anything cause im new to this but flushing timed nutrient soil doesnt seem smart

good call - the cheese is toast. i need to get fox farm gear asap.
this sucks, my last grow was so easy. miracle gro is not fun to work with. maybe if you're experienced or something. as soon as i get paid, i'm buying some foxfarm stuff and i'm going to decide whether i should start over or not. i would be losing 3 ww's out of 10, and my only cheese and great white shark.
i'd still have some other good options left over. lemon skunk and white rhino? trainwreck and strawberry cough? durban poison? all fems. and i do have those other 7 white widows.... and i could always get more seeds... :D
heh. well at least i'm staying positive about this. i'm baked!

finishing the blunt roach and heading to bed. take it easy everyone, stay safe.

as andy said you really only have to keep the water up to seedlings forget nutes til at least 3 weeks to let root grow develop and be careful cause a lot of soil mixes have more than enough nutes to start with without adding more worry bout that when they start flower cycle -water and light to start and they will thrive

sounds good. I'm using my christmas gift cards for supplies. I didn't put in all this time and effort and buy the seeds to have them not grow into bomb plants. I'm pumped. Hopefull my plants can still be saved. I think that cheese got burnt up by the soil. After flushing it prior to planting I think the time release ferts got to work. Maybe I'll buy a 5 pack femmed. Also interested in trying the sativa mix. What an lst adventure that'd be.

Latest posts

Back