Beginner Needs Help, Small Plants/Not Growing Fast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eman1980

Reaction score
I have been growing them for 5 weeks and they seem kind of small and are grwoing very slowly. I am supposed to switch to Flowering soon and don't know if I should with them being so small?

Any advice on how I can speed up their growth and when I should switch to flowering.

Info
-Soil - 75% Ocean Forest 25% Perilite
-Light is 400 watts about 1.5 ft above plants
-Water every 3-4 days when its dry
-Have Not Used Nutes yet since it is under the 45 days that the soil should be good for
-Temp - 76-82
-Humidity - 40-80

Please give me any advice I am lost.

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment3.jpg

Ok i see i few problems,
1. You might need to lower your light. They looked stretched... Get a temp gauge and place it around where the tip of your plants are, Thin lower the light till it reaches around 75-80. Might want to try putting a fan to blow across your lamp.

2. If your using Fox Farms there are no pre nutes in it. You should have started feeding them after 2 weeks old. So i would start that ASAP but start at 1/8th strength dose...

3. Also if you should be watering moor. every 4 days sounds off... Just sayin, dont let them starve.

Also, next time start them off in smaller containers and transplant to those. How big are those in inches?

Sorry, for all the posts... Just keep seeing things...Try and fill those pots up moor with soil.. So that they are not so tall and skinny. Fill to right under the first set of leaves..

i've never used FF products but i'd never feed a seedling at two weeks old thats just me though. as for watering plants that small in pots that size shouldn't need to be watered anymore than you are unless the soil is really dry before then. again just my opinion. im not say timmy is wrong just givin you my opinion.

Those plants look 4-5 days old to me.. Usually at 2 weeks i have monsters, and you say they are 5 weeks??? Are you sure??

ya they are alot smaller than mine at 5 weeks. somethings stunting them for sure

Here were some Strawberry cough i grew under cfls in ocean forest and perlite mix. She is at day 33 here...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Ok I am going to try lowering the light a little more and filling up with some soil. I will also add a small amount of nutes to my next watering.

Also since they are so small if I put off switching to the flowering stage will that cause any problems? If not how long should I wait to put them into flowering?

You are indoor so i'm sure as i've been reading, You can stay in the vegetative state for as long as possible if light is controlled properly... I dont think your plants are mature enough for flowering even if they were on a 12/12...

IMO... Get em growin at a nice rate 18/6 until they get at least 12"..

Thank you for all your help, I made the suggested changes and they are growing fuller and quicker.

However the bottom leaves are turning brown and dying is this normal?

Yes, I'd say that's normal seeing as you have been starving it of nutrients.

Latest posts

Back