Best way to clean a set-up after mite infestation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfairy

Reaction score
Ok.. any day now:D , despite my "unwanted guests", I am for the most part keeping them @ bay, hopefully for only another wk, but after I harvest, I'm definitely going to need to clean out my set-up, ( a space about 8x10 ) , what is the best way? Should I fog & then wipe evrything down (walls & plastic) with bleach? I do know that for as little as these things are, they are the biggest pain in my *** that I've ever had to contend with! They're so small, they can't win!! So, gotta take extreme precautions to make sure they are gone. Never had 'em on 1st grow.:dancing: :clap: Thanks, all, for all of your advice & for taking a minute 2 check me out!!

I would double strength fog, then I would clean like you stated. Next grow I would get some b/w poly and seal the room with it. Mites can get in from ANYWHERE...including a closed window, or even one with a screen.

no i dont think any of us had M on first grow..I didnt ...I feel for ya..and the only thing i can Think of is not propper cleaning dureing and after Harvest..My flower room allways running when im growing..but i clean with a sprey bottle 2 table spoons bleach to gallon water...then again with straight water..this is all surfaces..Preventive maintance is what I find works for me..Hippy In England told me last year something that stuck.." Clean Room is a GREEN room":D oh and 8x10 whats the floor made of? if its carpet..i dont know what ya do..hope this helps..Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

OGKushman said:
I would double strength fog, then I would clean like you stated. Next grow I would get some b/w poly and seal the room with it. Mites can get in from ANYWHERE...including a closed window, or even one with a screen.
Thanx, OGK. Is there a particular suggested brand? "Raid", or "Hot Shot", or is "Dr Dooms" the way to go? Seems to me that they would all basically be the same. IDK, but like I said, they are so small, they can't win, they won't win!! :mad: It seems to be such a common problem, but, DANG!!!!!! :hairpull: Thanx again,:peace:& take care.

4u2sm0ke said:
no i dont think any of us had M on first grow..I didnt ...I feel for ya..and the only thing i can Think of is not propper cleaning dureing and after Harvest..My flower room allways running when im growing..but i clean with a sprey bottle 2 table spoons bleach to gallon water...then again with straight water..this is all surfaces..Preventive maintance is what I find works for me..Hippy In England told me last year something that stuck.." Clean Room is a GREEN room":D oh and 8x10 whats the floor made of? if its carpet..i dont know what ya do..hope this helps..Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:
Thanx! I appreciate all the help I can get. Clean how often during grow? & it won't harm the plants if I get some overspray of this solution on them? The floor is concrete with a huge area rug. Decided I'm getting rid of the rug. I was going to shampoo it, but nah. Take no chances, I'm thinkin'! these things are something else!! such a common prob. Thanx again, :peace:& stay cool

hello greenfairy and good morning...I clean as often as possable..useually when I take plants outta rooms...and I have not had any probs of overspay on them..i dont point sprayer at them:giggle: ok concrete floor..is it heated? this could cause a problem if it aint..the soil temps will be diffrent then to cannopy will..I say stryrofoam will help there..another thing i do is i Bomb my shed b4 i start. I start with a dead bug enviorment..hope this helps..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Becareful i had them last year so i moved eveything to my garage, and i was fine, after about 8 months i put 3 clones back in the old room and within a week they wee covered in webs, 8 months later and i had painted too.

IMO the carpet will be an issue, it has to go.

i

Latest posts

Back