Best way to stop upwards growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PencilHead said:
I think DirtyOlkSouth has used Bushmaster. Maybe he'll check in.

:ciao:

Yup yup... I've used Bushmaster and it works pretty well. The procedure is a bit of a PITA and I prefer to use it as a foliar spray when I do use it. When using Bushmaster most strains only put on another 8-10" and stop and more upward growth... I prefer not to use it unless I have to get better control on a strain or have vegged a bit longer than I should.

Agricultural Organics' Yellow Bottle nutes have a product called PRE that you use during the last two weeks of vegging and it helps control height promotes more branching/bud sites yup top and preps the plant to flower a bit quicker once flipped to 12/12. Lately I've been using this line of nutes and I really like the PRE...;)

Happy Growing~!:cool:

I'm afraid yer situation is untenable without really hacking up yer girl and running the risk of creating a hermie. For those nubes that may read this thread and have limited vertical room for growing, I would suggest a scrog like The Hemp Goddess uses or go with the stubbier Indica dominants.

I veg 2 to 2 1/2 months and I "hack," twist and torture until a couple weeks into flower--never have hermies.

You're gonna have to make a decision how many mains you want, and knock the top off her--be brave. Tie the upper mains down and the lower mains up to even the canopy somewhat. The longer you can veg her, the less she'll stretch.

Luck.

All great suggestions., I would cut off the main and undercover branches in an effort to make her a bush with even tops, let her recover from that for four days a week tops, setup scrog, switch to 12/12, and then use bushmaster at suggested dosage, and then again a week later if there are no bad reactions.. Bushmaster does work, it's $60 per bottle at my shop, and because the dose is so low, one bottle is a lifetimes supply unless you run an industrial size grow. Good luck!

Hey Guys, thanks again.

i'll check into bush master, i didnt wanna waste the money if it didnt work.

ive been pinching and bending this girl like crazy the last few days, starting to get a little bit of a even canopy look, but still a ways to go.

I guess i just wasnt ready for how large pure sativas get, ive grown hybrid autos and indica in this spot with no problem, but i dont like sativa so ive never grown one, i will bend her to my will or she will die in the tying (sorry bad joke)

RI

Latest posts

Back