"Better" environment = More females?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
I recently read the "how to alter the % of females" thread and the article listed three environmental factors that promote female production: lower temps (65-75), "higher" humidity, and using a blue/veg light.

My Question: Why does using lower temps (65-75) and "higher" humidity promote female production?

Seeds are already "programmed" to be a certain sex but stress can turn plants male or hermie.So the idea is to just give them the best environment so they won't stress.

Thanks a lot Hemp Goddess! That article was really helpful!

So tokin, what you're saying is just give the plants the best environment (no stress). I see what you're saying.

But i still dont understand WHY something like more humidity and lower temps can promote females.

i recently read an article that said that running 18-6 rather than 24 hrs in veg is better to ensure better percentage of females.its on a link at marijuanaseeds-nl.com

cuy103 said:
Thanks a lot Hemp Goddess! That article was really helpful!

So tokin, what you're saying is just give the plants the best environment (no stress). I see what you're saying.

But i still dont understand WHY something like more humidity and lower temps can promote females.

Plants have built in survival traits that will make them turn sex.So certain environmental factors can make them think they need to change for the best chance to create offspring.

Latest posts

Back