Big grow, Big problem, Big worries. Please help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanna

Leanna
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Leanna. Several months ago, I completely took over a grow house. With five people to report to, I also took on a lot of stress and responsibility. Not knowing anything about growing, just what I have casually watched, I think I have done an incredible job. Of course, that's not to say I haven't totally blown it a few times as well. I have two very successful grows behind me and now..... ????

Ok, here is my dilemma, strong strains, 6th week of flowering, no problems at all. Then, I had some major disruptions in my light cycles, not just a couple of little fluctuations. I mean, 4, 1000 w. hps were on for 15 hours for a few days, then not, then were, then... You get the point. It seems, our very high tech timers were a little too high tech for me.
I'm sure you know what comes next.... Yes, Hermies, my whole crop.

Question: 1 I have read about a lot of people trimming the little balls off Hermes and continuing with the grow. Not an option for me. What I did with the two Mothers that I flowered, was just cut them completely back, there are maybe 10 leaves left on them. They are back in Veg room. The rest are drying, waiting to see what happens. Now, does becoming a Hermie ultimately change the plants DNA? I have heard of Duchmaster Reverse...?? Should I take the chance?

Question: 2 At what point in the flowering phase of the Hermie does the pollen become able to release itself into the air?

Question:3 Will a sulpher burn and Ozone generation run through ducting, a/c and lights, get rid of the pollen?

Question: 4 I have a Heppa filter on my intake air, the air is brought into the Veg room and Flower room separately, but then I use the air from the Flower room to cool the Veg room, then out. If the pollen was released, and settled on all my veges, will they be effected when it comes time to flower?

Question: 5 Last night I was inspecting my horrible new Hermies, not knowing really, what part does what and even doubting that a Hermies could produce pollen. Of course, after opening up a tiny pod and seeing the little orange pistol thing, I had no more doubts. As I was walking out, I dropped something onto the top of my clone machine (which is in my Vege room) Using the same hand as I used to open the little pod; I foolishly reached between the leaves to retrieve my item.

Do I just trash everything and start over? Please help

Thank you so much for your help and your time.

First things first...if that avatar is your actual picture, you need to remove it and put up something safer! :)

I hate to be a Debbier Downer but something just doesn't add up here.

I'm with Couchlocked--there must be more to this than meet the eye. Who in the world would put someone with NO experience in charge of a large grow operation? Why would anyone with No experience believe that they were capable of running a large grow....I'm sorry, but your questions reflect a gross lack of knowledge about growing. You are in over your head and I do not believe that anyone can really help you now. Plan on having a whole lot of unusable seeds.

Get rid of that avi if it is a picture of you.

But if that is your real pic.

Well hello there, :hubba:

how you doing.

To address one of your questions, Dont throw away your vegging plants, water kills pollen so get some spray bottles.

Roddy said:
First things first...if that avatar is your actual picture, you need to remove it and put up something safer! :)

Ok, thank you for the advice, it's changed.

Leanna said:
Thank you for taking the time to reply. After logging on and reading some of your messages and suggestions, I’m a little taken back by the caution and reluctance to take my post at face value. There has got to be a legitimate reason for this, so I’ll do what I can to make myself more clear and answer any questions to help you better understand my situation.

Who in the world would put someone with NO experience in charge of a large grow operation? Well, that would be me; I put myself in charge when the person doing it fizzled out after only a few grows. I’m not going to explain my family dynamics or my personal relationship problems, but lets just say, my personal relationship didn’t work out and he was the one doing it all. Icing on the cake; I walked in a saw 2 clone trays and every plant was brown and dead. That was it, out with the old and in with the new and excited.

Why would anyone with No experience believe that they were capable of running a large grow? I’m capable of doing anything I put my mind to, and then some. Let me ask you, should I have just sat back and watched this whole thing just dissolve before our eyes? I am a do it yourself, kind of person. It needed to be done and I did it. Boy, have I done it, I’ve totally screwed it up. But, you know what? I know how crucial light cycles are now, I know what a Hermie is now and I know what not to do again. I have never been so proud of myself, surprised of myself and at peace, in my life. I also know, by reading many things on growing, even the most experienced growers sometimes lose their whole crop. This is a great learning experience.

I'm sorry, but your questions reflect a gross lack of knowledge about growing. You are in over your head and I do not believe that anyone can really help you now. Plan on having a whole lot of unusable seeds.

I don’t mean to insult you, but you are right, I do have a gross lack of knowledge about growing. Hasn’t everyone on this site, or even in the world, started with a gross lack of knowledge about everything. Except for you, maybe. When you say “and I do not believe that anyone can really help you now” Are you speaking for yourself? Do you have some divine knowledge about all of the members on this site?

Plan on having a whole lot of unusable seeds.
Not!

Thank you for your time

Its good you took the time to clear up some of the ?'s people had but one things for sure, if you have a bunch of hermies like you suggest and you keep them, you will have a lot of garbage seeds.

While everyone (im sure even THG) started with limited knowledge, I would be willing to wager some good money that they did not start with large scale grows right away.

I speak from experience. I have yet to get my first grow under my belt. I like you also believe i can do anything if i put my mind to it. However I also would never venture to take on a "large scale" project before i had at least grown a single plant.

My personal advice to you. Get some clones or seeds to start from, plant a few plants and grow them through. Once you manage your first grow, scale up from there. I don't know how long you have til you need to produce large scale. If you can take the time though, I think you and all involved will be happier and less stressed for it.

Thank you for your thoughts, but if you would have read my post thoroughly, you would have read that I have had 2 very successful grows. I am on my third. For some reason the focus of this post has shifted to whether or not I am capable of my goal and not the questions I have asked. Thank you once again to the Moderator King Kahuuna, he was very nice and answered most all of my questions.

I do understand that many of you doubt that I can do this. Guess what? You don’t know me. I can do anything and do it well. Why do you think I am here?

You've got balls, I'll give you that! :holysheep:

Leanna said:
I do understand that many of you doubt that I can do this. Guess what? You don’t know me. I can do anything and do it well. Why do you think I am here?

I'd guess because you had no clue and were hoping someone would help??

like d said, if you are ever in doubt of stray pollen in your room, simply mist entire room/plants down as soon as you notice. water kills pollen...

if you have clones of your plants rooted, why not just clean entire room out, give it a nice cleaning, and start those clones. of course if you have no clones of your girls, i'm pretty sure you can reveg the girls once the stray herm pollen is dealt with. you'll need to flip your lights back to 24/7 and begin veg again...

a sulphur burn is not what is needed.

do you know for certain which plant hermied on you? if you do not, you should toss all plants and clones, clean room, and start over from step one.:eek: (i know, really sucks)...

sorry, just reread about clones in separate veg room. ok, grab a mister bottle and mist down all veg plants, and scrub the veg room, and if you know what plant hermed, toss those clones. if you use a number/marker system for id purpose, and you know the herm plant, it will be an easy transition.

don't wait on misting though. do it immediately...

either get some timers that are user friendly, or learn from your mistake, and figure out the ones you have...

burning an entire crop hurts, but don't dote on it to much now. instead make a plan and jump right back on another crop immediately. accidents happen to everyone at some point, learn from them, and trudge onward...peace...

welcome aboard---lots going on here leanna---how bout putting all the nay sayers to rest with some pics of your set up---there are loads of peeps here that will step up to the plate and help you sort out your little mess cause that's what we do---if you show us yours---you will have more help than you will know what to do with

Roddy said:
I'd guess because you had no clue and were hoping someone would help??

Well, isn't that the point of this forum? I have no clue; you do; now I do too? Or possibly, not, I'm beginning to wonder.

orangesunshine said:
welcome aboard---lots going on here leanna---how bout putting all the nay sayers to rest with some pics of your set up---there are loads of peeps here that will step up to the plate and help you sort out your little mess cause that's what we do---if you show us yours---you will have more help than you will know what to do with

Ok, no problem, I can even show you before and afters. I'm going to dinner right now, when I get back I'll send them..

I do have a question though; this is the first forum I have ever been on, we are talking about things that should remain between us. You know, like in Vegas. Is it safe for me to post pictures? Of course, they wont have my address splattered all over them or anything, I'm just checking.

Latest posts

Back