Blanco's SOG Cabinet Tryout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
Just put together a new grow cabinet and its time to put her to the test. In my other grow box I've been bushin my plants out and growing em a bit big, so I'm gonna try mixing this up and try a SOG in my new cabinet.

I put it together witha lot of great DIY tutorials on this sight and a liottle brain power of my own. She's rockin a 600 watt switchable, cooled with a 250 cfm inline fan hooked up to a carbon filter for odor free exhaust while light cooling.

All these little ladies are clones I started in ProMix with a little lime, then transplanted to where they are now in FF Happy Frog soil. I'll be using the Fox Farms organic fertilizer series and will be loosely following their feeding chart.

I plan to veg these babies a couple weeks before throwing em into 12/12.

I've got 5 Mango in there, 4 Mikado, 3 Sensi Star, 2 Afghan, and a Special cross from a friend. A few of the clones are a bit older than the other, cause not all the clones I took recently rooted, so I threw a few in from a slightly older generation. I wanted them to all be the same and uniform in height, but hey, sometime life comes at ya, right?

I put up a few pics of my cabinet and my babies in it, also threw in a pic of my favorite (and much needed) new read. I highly reccommend it.

DSC_1548.JPG

DSC_1549.JPG

cabinet.JPG

Dang it, just realized I forgot to add some lime to the Happy Frog soil, off to fix that!

Nice setup you have there :) im in the mince of purchasing 2 metal cabnets from staples 36"x19"x72 there the same cabinets that that a couple companys sell for $2000-$2500 they can be made for a 1/3 of the price and it much more fun to build your own hehe was thinking about a 600watt with mine units what are your dimentions and what are you able to keep the temp at with light on?

What a great assortment blancolighter. I think I will pull up a chair and :watchplant:

as will I :watchplant: That is a nice setup..and a nice veriaty of smoke too..Green Mojo for the new Run:lama:

Leafs.Rule.75 said:
was thinking about a 600watt with mine units what are your dimentions and what are you able to keep the temp at with light on?

I was worried that the cheap inline fan from home depot couldn't pull enough air through the filter to keep the light cool, but I've had it on all day today and the temps are staying nice and low. I can drop the lightsl to about 8 inches and the cheao home depot blower will keep up. I'm impressed with it. I keep the temp at 73 right now.

ArtVandolay, lets see this! I'm kinda curious about the whole thing, haven't done a sog yet, so i like seeing others

Thanks for watchin ya'll!

thats a little smaller than my grow box ive got a dayton 150cfm blower cooling my 400w Hid and i can put my plants about 6" away from the glass and have no heat issues.

my only problem is that my grow box is in a closet and keeping the ambient temperature in the box is tricky i added another dayton blower 150cfm and that did the trick for me. those blowers run about $100 each.

Latest posts

Back