Blue Berry by DJ Short

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subcool

Dank Creator
Reaction score
DJ short is known by pretty much everyone thats ever grown reefer and is often mentioned as one of a few true "Breeders" around. I thought it would be a very educational thread for me to grow out his gear and see what results we get. I am hoping for a dripping Blue Berry female to enjoy at night. Based on what I read this strain is completely stable and all females should be very similar.

In the past I got very poor results when growing Blueberry but I never actually bought the seeds from DJ so I stepped up to the plate, plopped by 175$ down and now I will document the process.

I will note that the two seeds on the far right would not have made it through our sorting process although I think they will germ just fine.

Day 1

I will update each week until the end.

Sub

BBday1.jpg

BBday1b.jpg

BBday1c.jpg

BBday1d.jpg

Very Interested in this one Sub,

I've had similar results w/ the BlueBerry. Just never could find a desirable pheno. I bought my beans, over 40 of them total, from Dutch Passion in the Dam.

I'm sure we'll see another impressive grow!

Yeah buddy.....pulling up a chair in front so I can watch you work your magic sub....green mojo to your lil ones.....

Good thread sub!! This fall I will be ordering a couple packs of the blueberry myself. I have been wanting this for a long time.

i have a feeling this is gonna be quite the learning experience

i'm in :) do your thing sub

Def interested. I gave up on Blueberry years ago. Smoked it first in mid 90's I think at a festival park in WA, used to be called Rainbow Valley. I never could find a true female that had everything I wanted. GL

damn sub, you have all the seriouse genetics....everytime i see a new thread on here i am reminded how lucky we all are to be part of a comminuty like MP!

Pullin' up a beanbag chair for this one!

Nice to see you on the board buds. Here's to you and DJ'S Blueberry. Hope you find that special pheno.

Peace,

7greeneyes :D

Hey Subcool!

I just popped a few Blueberry beans myself- although I have no clue about lineage.

Be interested to see how yours look next to mine. Thanks.

Recently did a bluehell from medical seeds. It was made with a dj blue. Yeild on this one was small but potency was off the charts! Pulling up a bean bag chair fer this one!

sub i am TRULY excited to see what you come up with here!! It's pretty cool to see someone with lots o' knowledge testing out other gear for the benefit of others! cheers friend :watchplant: :watchplant:

Hey Sub...I grew out Dj's gear a few times over the years (outdoors) to be honest I never really found anything exceptional. I'm not saying that they aren't out there. To me the taste on some were just magnificent...but if the buzz isn't there...well to me it's just not up to snuff. I like DJ's blueberry when it is crossed into some other good quality (potent) smoke though!

I hope people don't take this wrong! I totally appriciate what DJ has done for the community...his weed is just not potent enough for my tastes, at least not what I or friends have grown of his. But cross it with some NL or a good potent solid strain...oh man...it definately doesn't hurt to add it to genetics IMO. To me it's like breeding to a certain stud dog to get that special trait, even if the stud on his own may not be the best hunter, he throws the genes you want.

Folks this is just my oppinion...the man is definately an asset to the MJ community...this is only my oppinion...But I'm also the same guy who doesn't get all the hype about the "white" strains either...IMO (what me and my friends have grown of them) they are mediocre at best.

But different strokes for different folks.

Sub...I hope you find a killer pheno! A little blueberry flavor in some of your high resin strains would be just the thing I was talking about when I said I like it crossed out!

legalize_freedom said:
Hey Sub...I grew out Dj's gear a few times over the years (outdoors) to be honest I never really found anything exceptional. I'm not saying that they aren't out there. To me the taste on some were just magnificent...but if the buzz isn't there...well to me it's just not up to snuff. I like DJ's blueberry when it is crossed into some other good quality (potent) smoke though!

I hope people don't take this wrong! I totally appriciate what DJ has done for the community...his weed is just not potent enough for my tastes, at least not what I or friends have grown of his. But cross it with some NL or a good potent solid strain...oh man...it definately doesn't hurt to add it to genetics IMO. To me it's like breeding to a certain stud dog to get that special trait, even if the stud on his own may not be the best hunter, he throws the genes you want.

Folks this is just my oppinion...the man is definately an asset to the MJ community...this is only my oppinion...But I'm also the same guy who doesn't get all the hype about the "white" strains either...IMO (what me and my friends have grown of them) they are mediocre at best.

But different strokes for different folks.

Sub...I hope you find a killer pheno! A little blueberry flavor in some of your high resin strains would be just the thing I was talking about when I said I like it crossed out!

I've smoke and now grown some "white" strains and although stellar couldn't hold a candle to som old skunk we use to bloom round my parts.

I have the heirloom cut, from DJ's BB mom. I must say, not impressed, the wife likes it though. Hope you find the pheno you want. Following along with everyone else.

wow how did i not see this thread until now?

im hopping on board for this one subcool :D
still waiting for your book to show up so i can enjoy it ;)

like seeing you grow others gear in a GJ. was just thinking of buying also. good to hear some of the cons by some reputable members here too. im in.

LF have you grown BB jam might be what you want. theres a GJ on it

Latest posts

Back