Brightness or Heat??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
Hello i'm flowering my girls 12/12 and i was just wondering is it the brightness of the light or the heat that matters i have a verilux spectrum lamp that has the u rays of the sun that i have been useing just want to make sure im doing it right any info pleas thanks here are a few pictures 8 weeks and 3 weeks of flowering grama42

working in my yard 019.jpg

working in my yard 020.jpg

working in my yard 023.jpg

Your using the light from your window and then putting them in your closet or something for dark?

doesnt look like much bud for being three weeks into flower, I hope that strain your growing has a long flowering time. They do look very healthy

Hydro said:
Your using the light from your window and then putting them in your closet or something for dark?
yes i have a 5 1/2 foot long just about 6 foot tall 2 feet wide closet i put them to sleep at 8pm and wake them at 8 am but im not going to be able to take them out and put them in the sun cause they will be getting bigger:rolleyes:i have been useing a verilux spectrum lamp when the sun is gone about 2 hrs of it then they go to bed with pure dark no light leak they have a lot of white hairs so i hope im doing ok:watchplant:

I am not familiar with the verilux spectrum light. Most of us use a HPS for flowering. Here is a picture of one of my girls in flower. She is at 21 days in this picture--the same as your girl. mYou might want to check out a HPS light.

You should get a compact hps lamp like a 150w hps for one plant. thats what I use and its just enought for personals. If you have a 2x2 area you can use a 250w hps for 2 plants. Or one plant per square foot. know that with the higher wattage you get WAY better buds but more heat in return so make sure you have a intake vent for fresh cool air and a way to exhaust hot old air. That is VERY VERY important.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Picture didn't seem to upload--I'll try again.
she looks so nice thanks im going to change my lighting to hp be safe i will let you know how mind are doing grama42

If you were using an incandescent light bulb (like one of these: http://www.verilux.com/full-spectrum-lightbulbs/incandescent-bulbs), then pretty much all your growth came from putting them on the windowsill. Do invest in an HPS as soon as possible if you want the highest yield.

Keep in mind though that you will also need a ballast to power the light, a reflector to not waste the lumens and get more light to your plants, and a cord to link the bulb and ballast.

IllusionalFate said:
If you were using an incandescent light bulb (like one of these: http://www.verilux.com/full-spectrum-lightbulbs/incandescent-bulbs), then pretty much all your growth came from putting them on the windowsill. Do invest in an HPS as soon as possible if you want the highest yield.

Keep in mind though that you will also need a ballast to power the light, a reflector to not waste the lumens and get more light to your plants, and a cord to link the bulb and ballast.
just want to tell every one that this is a great site and your so kind to help luck with your grow grama42;)

Incadescents dont grow pot.
But they do grow other plants. :)

Latest posts

Back