Bugs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussum

Reaction score
So if you are growing in a sanitary indoor enviorment, how is it that bugs can still get to your plants? Do they hide in the soil you buy from the store or what? Just a little question that pop'd into my head a minute or two ago.

Yea, I think you have to get the sterilized soil (can someone confirm this? might just be to prevent disease).

ive allways used mirical grow soil and i have never had a problem with bugs. like i allways say if u buy cheap crap then thats what ur gonna get lol

Well i have FoxFarm Ocean Forest and have a problem with bugs..
what should we use to get rid of them?

Bugs can come from your clothes, cracks in the wall, items you bring into your grow area and just about anywhere a bug can fit through. You should always plan for infestations!

folair spray with neem oil for the first 2 weeks of vegg will most likely take care of the problem. i first bombed the place. if any intake fan is used 50% of the time spider mites gets in, even with the mesquitoe screen.

pussum said:
So if you are growing in a sanitary indoor enviorment, how is it that bugs can still get to your plants? Do they hide in the soil you buy from the store or what? Just a little question that pop'd into my head a minute or two ago.
Well we are just now getting rid of a bad case of Fungus Gnats we believe came from the soil. :eek:

Sticky_Budz said:
ive allways used mirical grow soil and i have never had a problem with bugs. like i allways say if u buy cheap crap then thats what ur gonna get lol
uhmmm..:rolleyes:

I've used miracle grow and that came with lil bugs, soil mites I think is what they are called. They do no harm what so ever to the plant, but the idea of the little critters crawling around in my soil was not good. so I used Pyrethrum. Fox Farm sells a product called "Don't Bug Me". I purchased this product at Hydro Hobby. It contains Pyrethrum. I no longer use Miracle Grow because of this, I now use Ferti-Lome soil, or Fox Farm guano mix.

im gonna have to try that fox farm soil on my new plants been hearing alot of negative feed back on the mirical grow. i never had a problem with it but i dont want to take the chance. i guess thats why i joined this site so i can learn thanx . peace

sticky'...TBG has absolutely great results with Miracle grow soil. You and others have given satisfactory testimonials. I won't knock it.
But, It isn't my soil of choice, and probably wouldn't be considered a "high end" or "expensive" soil, in most circles.
If you have FF available, "I do" recommend you give it a try. I've not been disapointed.

Hick said:
sticky'...TBG has absolutely great results with Miracle grow soil. You and others have given satisfactory testimonials. I won't knock it.
But, It isn't my soil of choice, and probably wouldn't be considered a "high end" or "expensive" soil, in most circles.
If you have FF available, "I do" recommend you give it a try. I've not been disapointed.
can u get ff at home depot? i have some seeds ready to go but i would like to try a different soil just to see how it grows:D

*Bump*

Also, home-made methods of killing different pests? Does anyone have any they would like to share?

u ever see those fly sticky things the u hang from ur ceiling well i use one of those in my room not to close to the plants but near them and im allways catching little bugs on them they get stuck there and can get off and when other bugs see them on there they seem to join them lol but make sure that they aint close to the plants cause its very sticky ok peace

From what I gather, the ones that fly aren't really the problem. It is the bugs in the dirt. I found one bug last night in my grow room and I just want to ensure that I do not have a problem farther down the road so I am attempting to take steps now to "purify" the soil of any and all pests that may pop up. I remember I asked this question a long time ago before I started growing so I figured I would give it a bump and see what I can get done.

Latest posts

Back