CA head shops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfriend

ganja farmer
Reaction score
Hey folks, could all the Cali residents point me in the right direction of head shops/smokeshops that have an good selection at cheap prices, and if you've purchased something at said store, was it good quality/ and a good deal.

I live in the Bay Area, and theres more than a few head shops here, but prices are generally really high. I am in need of a wide selection of pieces for a cannabusiness i.e. 3-4 vaporizers, several bongs, and a few bubblers or pipes, and im ready to drop serious coin, but i want a good deal on it.

I can find cheapo glass on glass bongs, no perc, for $40-45 round here. My double tree perc glass on glass bong, w/ diffuser & icecatch would cost about $250 here. Ive looked into some shops around Tahoe and Eureka/Arcata, so im willing to travel to find a good place.

Any suggestions, advice, personal experience much appreciated!

I usually go out to the city to Haight St. theres a variety of places there and someone is always haveing a good sale. Theres also a good little shop in down town Concord by Starbucks ? Check em out

I love Home Blown Glass on 4th st., downtown Santa Rosa. They recently opened up a branch in Santa Cruz as well. They blow the glass in the front window at the Santa Rosa location and are very reasonably priced for the quality you get. I picked up a big bubbler, with removable glass bowl and diffused downstem for $89 U.S. Thick and heavy like glass should be!
The cheapest glass I've seen was at Venice Beach..every other shop sells glass.

Are you near Costa Mesa? I went out there to see my sister and me and my friend found this nice head shop that had great prices, great pieces. Person who worked there was so nice even gave us alot of free stuff.

Sampson said:
Are you near Costa Mesa? I went out there to see my sister and me and my friend found this nice head shop that had great prices, great pieces. Person who worked there was so nice even gave us alot of free stuff.

Hey Sampson..... you said a huge key word there man FREE ! thats why its your favorite place bro,,,,, Lol ! :D

I have heard that venice beach has the best deals and most variety.

beyond that I have a buddy that works at a headshop that gets 30% off, know any employees lol or call around and ask if a sale is coming up?

The cheapest and BIGGEST selection I have seen to date is at Big Al's on Telegraph in Berkeley.

You can definatly haggle also...do not take the price shown at all...those cats live to haggle.

I love berkeley I swear the sandwhiches from the togos right by the campus are the best! and they had an awesome tower records I havent been there in years....maybe this fall. instead of san fran maybe berkeley.

I am on a quest for a pink bong and pipe and would you believe all the girly stuff locally is crap and paper thin glass...a girl can dream.

Thanks for all the replies. Ive been frequenting Big Als for years (I bought my very first piece there), great place and I do haggle them down, but they tack on $100 to a bong just cause it has a fancy brand name, which doesnt count for much in my book.

EDIT- ive also been to a couple other shops right next to Big Als, called High Times, Annapurna and Whelan's cigar store. Big Als is the best.

2dog - there is tons of awesome food around the campus, though i am partial to Blondies pizza and Top Dog (mostly cause its open til 1 or 2am when everything else is closed)

Latest posts

Back