Can I do this??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toker

Living Large
Reaction score
I have moved my plants indoors to try to stop them from budding, will the go back to veg state if I leave them under 24 hr light

:ccc:The Toker:ccc:

andy52 said:
just curious,why do you want to stop them from flowering?
So I can get clones out of them. Any help is appreciated

The Toker

Let em flower dude... It isnt till the 3 rd or 4th week of flower that you shouldnt clone after... Do it early in the flower stage and the plants have less to do to return to veg state....

unless you veg for a long time you wont be able to tell sex until you flower... You dont to waste alot of time cloning a male....they will show sex the first or second week of flower...once they do....clone her!

thats cool to know... never knew the time window for takin clones. i might take one or two cuttings from my girls and try couple indoors an see wat happens.

All I have is females, but its good to know that I can clone when the first flowers are appearing. Here are some pics

:ccc: The Toker:ccc:

bud 1.JPG

bud 2.JPG

DSC03538.JPG

Keep in mind that the longer you wait, the longer the reveg time will be...Personally I am going to take clones the minute sex is defined but odviously after the 12/12 switch... hopefully that will be the second week at latest....

pretty girls you got there

You should keep it out doors and still make clones from it. The success rate isn't as high though. The flower clone will also take about 2-3 weeks longer to be back into the veg state. But this i think would be better than stressing your plant with the move and back to veg switch

should try to take clones from bottom anyway... and you can clone deep into flowering had a crop failure last week took clones from plants that have been 12 12 for 7 weeks maybe longer. but i would never recomend this it is good to keep in mind.

tried & true if you want to sex b/4 flippin, let plants get to 10th node & start looking @ 8th node & you will be able to tell. apprx. 6th week of veg. also use a jewlers loupe to assist in sexing(30x for $15 online). last grow i wait in flower w/o loupe and didnt get all males in time & now have a few seeds here & there, but this time goin all sensi.

Latest posts

Back