can i trust an electrician to do my electrical for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahdu

Reaction score
can I? i mean they would suspect something and could either refuse the job or tip off the cops, an honest hard working, union hall sparky might call crime stoppers for some extra cash in their poscket hahaha. so i guess i would have to come up with a creative lie, some reason as to why i need this kind of work done right? but what could i say. anyone experiece this problem. theres no way i would attempt something as complicated and dangerous with electricity myself.

First welcome to MP
Second you might want to watch your language here friend. Please see the rules. and
third yes you could risk losing some sleep at night if you tell your electrician what you up too, may I suggest you have your electrical needs set up outside the home so all you need to do is bring it home and plug it into your socket and away you go.

Put it this way and electrician isent the same as your doctor, there is no customer/electrician confidentuality!

Good Luck and remember TELL NO BODDY!!! Sleep easy at night.

Cheers!!!

have it setup outside? wouldnt that have the same implications as inside. it would still be suspect dont you think.i know i cant tell anyone but if i could do the electrical myself then there wouldnt be a problem.

read the rules doesnt get why i cant ask this question

there are a lot of legit reasons to have electrical work done. what exactly were you going to have them do? put in 400 amp service and outlets for 25 lights?

There are now several companies in Vanouver BC that specializes in all aspects of grow room building and remodeling (discretely) Contact Remo at Advanced Nutrients and he should be able to hook you up with an Electrician that would be willing to fly in and then fly out, once the job is complete. It might be a bit spendy but I would seriously consider spending the extra money to have it done so that you can sleep at night. Not to mention all around safety.
Good luck

tell them you are getting a spa this winter and need the hookup...

i was gonna say something like im going to be have some kind of machines that would require similar electrical needs as the grow lights would. but thats a challange to think of and far fetched. mikey thats was a great answer , + rep man. have you ever used this person or know of anyone that has. i just want a feel for what the experience and process is like you know. im quiet a conservative person and its gonna be hard for me to just go and say hey can you setup this up for me.

do you have dogs? no one comes in my yard with mine I let service people see them, and the doggy doors that give them 24/7 access to our yard...great deterent. when I had my 240 connection?? put in for our spa an electrician came, left no problems. Course nothing was out. Last time pg&e came through I hauled every planter plant inside for them to see the box and put me on electric meter..With my pittbull so far I have had no issues and no worries. I love that dog.

I had 220v put in my garage. 3 separate circuits. So I could run a compressor, welding equipment, even an oven. An oven in my garage? Yep, to do powder coating. Nothing suspicious, no explanations. :eek:

search and a person can find how to books to do anything. this may involve a trip to the library.

Make up a random reason, and hide your grow equipment. Ive used my electrician twice for my grow ops, and he knows whats up (he saw 100 plants in late flowering), but hes cool - I dont know if this would be the case if I didnt live in a very pot friendly area. He told me he did electrical for his cousins grow so hes experienced in this area. so whenever I need some work done I have someone I can kinda trust

greenfriend said:
Make up a random reason, and hide your grow equipment. Ive used my electrician twice for my grow ops, and he knows whats up (he saw 100 plants in late flowering), but hes cool - I dont know if this would be the case if I didnt live in a very pot friendly area. He told me he did electrical for his cousins grow so hes experienced in this area. so whenever I need some work done I have someone I can kinda trust

yeah then your electrician friend gets pinched with an 1/8, the cops scare him a little and he decides to tell on you to save himself.

I told my electrician I was putting in a heat pump and wanted an aux. panel installed. Our regular house panel is ancient and I told him I wanted to rewire as many rooms as I could myself with the new panel. I even bought the A/C unit from him at his cost. Now I have all the power I need, it's safe, done right and I feel much better. Now I can build my grow room and there won't be an electrician involved, looking at suspicious construction, lights, etc.

I told my electrican I was putting in a computer server and audio equipment in my office closet. so I need lots of outlets and one way up high with GFI!!!:giggle:

get some basil and tomato plants in the house, and tell him you need it for your indoor garden. Complicated lies are complicated. keep it simple, this is indoor gardening season, and basil is not cheap.

Mine wasn't a lie. I just left out the part about adding a grow room. The rest was all true and made the conversation too easy. I like the basil and tomato idea

dman1234 said:
yeah then your electrician friend gets pinched with an 1/8, the cops scare him a little and he decides to tell on you to save himself.

hmmmm, no. i could give a rats *** what the electrcian tells cops, i can grow 100 plants legally. And possession of less than an ounce is a $100 fine, why would he say anything?

Im worried about random freaks trying to rob me.

With 28+yrs exp you could fly me up?:hubba:

pcduck said:
search and a person can find how to books to do anything. this may involve a trip to the library.

While I agree you will find enough info needed to get the job done, up and running and after the Fire Dept puts out the fire, they will proceed the investigation of the cause.

If you call an electrician in you do not need to tell him what you are doing, alls he will need is the amp/volt requirements and locations of where your equipment will be. You can then just hook up everything after he leaves.

Best Wishes
"P"

Latest posts

Back