can there be a such thing as too much light???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rezy

Reaction score
i have a small grow box with 4 100 watt cfl's and a 14 w led that is supposedly equivelant to a 250 watt hps think thats too much for 2 plants ???

NO everything is about balance but that dosent sound like its pushing it. the main concern is about burning the plants. and depeneding on your Co2 and water some of the light might just remain un-used.

Lol no mate your all good.
Heat is the main concern.
As long as you have min 3000 Lumens per sq ft for veg and min 5000 Lumens per sq ft for flower, i run double that.
Sometimes you can get a bit of light bleaching on the top leaves from been a little close to HPS bulbs but i imagine heat has a part to play in that too

I dont think there's such a thing as "too much light", but as Umbra stated, you can burn a plant thats not adjusted to certain light. If you take recently rooted clones under flouros and put them into direct sunlight you can burn them resulting in the aformetioned bleaching. Inside it's about airflow and temps, if you can maintain those pack all the lumens you can on a plant. Just make sure the temp your reading is the temp of the plant CLOSEST to the light. I achieve this by using a propstick to put my temp/humidity gauge on. There can be a 25+degree (F)difference between canopy and root depending on how close and what wattage lights you maintain.

Latest posts

Back