can you go both ways? re:clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms.tokenski

Reaction score
hehehe-

hubby and i are looking into getting our first hydro set up:hubba:

we are having a wee debate and i thought i'd ask here...

can you root clones in soil then move them to a hydro set up? I have several clones and new seedlings and had the idea I could use them as 'testers' when the hydro system arrived.

dh says he doesn't think that will work...

:confused:

I imagine it would work, assuming you were really gentle with the roots when cleaning the dirt off.

Personally I'd just take new cuttings, and clone them whichever way you have planned for hydro. Keep it simple, even if it means waiting a little longer.

Welcome to the forums :) Hope you guys stick around and start a journal :D

I tried putting my clones into wet soil yesterday and with in minutes they were wilted and very droopy. I stuck them back into the cups of water I had them in to begin with and over night they are now perky again but have yellow spots. I think this is the way to go until you have your roots established.:cool:

ive always rooted in soil pellets then sometimes repotted into bigger pots and even chopped roots off as there was too much for transplanting into rockwool cubes.

no probs do what ya like marijuana is a very hardy plant and takes what ya throw at it.

more gentle you are better end results.

pkj

Latest posts

Back