Hello fellow growers my name is Frogyrogy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pute

One Toke Over The Line
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hello fellow growers,

It was suggested several days ago by Mr. @pute that I find my way over here to the intro section and tell everyone a bit about my grow. So, a week or two later:

I do a very small scale "perpetual" type grow, I have two in late flower (Bruce Banner/Acapulco Gold), one (Banana Kush) in transition in the flowering tent and two (Blue Gelato 41/ChemPie) seedlings @14 days in the veg tent, and six cuttings (BK) under a dome at the moment.

I grow small plants normally, flip them somewhere around the 3-4 week of veg, harvest 2-4 ounces per plant and normally finish around 100-110 days from birth. I don't grow those autoflower versions . . . doesn't make sense to me to invest my time and $ in a plant that does what it wants when it wants, doesn't provide cuttings or the ability to reveg if I want to run it back.

I grow in 70/30 Coco/perlite (I buy the Mother Earth's premixed) and use the GH Flora trio with Armor Si and CalMag, drain to waste. I hand feed/water daily to runoff . . . but as I get older (59 now) I'm looking more and more at some sort of automation because of those darn basement stairs that my old knees hate.

Flowering tent is a Vivosun 4x4 (zipper sucks) with an HLG Scorpion Rspec led, AC Infinity T6 exhaust fan with carbon filter and a small tower type oscillating fan from the wallyworld.

Veg tent is the Mars Hydro 3x5 with the 3x3/1x3 sections. I have a Mars Hydro TSW2000 in the 3x3 section and just a couple standard led bulbs (sans diffusers) in the seedling/clone section. Ventilation is a AC Infinity T4 exhaust and a small 6" fixed fan to move air around. I sometimes use this tent as a drying tent also and connect the carbon filter for that scenario.

I've been growing for a long time, but only discovered these online forums about a year or so ago . . . I mostly hang in the shadows and read. I know quite a bit about my own growing methods, but I would be lost if I had to try an indoor grow in soil. Like my mamma told me: "dirt belongs outside."

A good friend was attending Virginia Tech for an ag degree around 1990 and introduced me to hydroponics and GH Flora trio . . . the only thing I've changed since is the grow room is now a grow tent and HID lights are now LED. I'm sure I do some things wrong and some right but it's been working for me a long while and I'm good with it.

Set in my ways? You betcha!

Frogyrogy

Nice write up there Frog

for the record , I won’t smoke any flowers locally unless they are from Frogyrogy...almost as good as mine

but if I run out or my one time shot at outdoor goes tits up , I will definitely hit up the Frog for some flowers or hash

oh yeah , I cannot see your photos

Latest posts

Back