can you tell if they are female? (pics included)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreptitious

Supreme Chancellor
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm trying to determine if my plants are females. the pictures attached are clones that i took from the main plants. they were veg'd for 2 weeks and are now approaching 2 weeks in flowering.

i see white hairs on some of them and have read that this makes it a female, but i want to make sure this is the white hairs i'm looking for. some of the pics are a little blurry, if you need better ones let me know...i can try again!

i appreciate your help!

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

Yeah I see female written all over...those are white hairs for sure..congrats...

They look female to me. But,the one on the left,I'd watch. You have plenty of time. Look for little balls near the crotches of the plant,they multiply fast. My grow is outside but,I saw many pollen sac's on the males befor I cut them down. If they are green you have time. Don't do any thing rash.

thanks! awesome...i might have too many females now...lol running out of room!

Kweedybud said:
They look female to me. But,the one on the left,I'd watch. You have plenty of time. Look for little balls near the crotches of the plant,they multiply fast. My grow is outside but,I saw many pollen sac's on the males befor I cut them down. If they are green you have time. Don't do any thing rash.

the one on the left. is that labeled IMG_0424? havent seen any little balls yet.

absolutely, without doubt, male (staminate) flowers...

male.JPG

Hick said:
absolutely, without doubt, male (staminate) flowers...

:yeahthat:

I would get rid of it and the donor plant now. Keep a careful eye on the rest of your plants for hermies if the seeds came from the same source. Was this bagseed?

no, these seeds came from a seed bank. i dont remember which one off the top of my head...i can look it up though.

ok, went through my records and found the seedbank that i got them from. xxx.marijuana-seeds.nl.

i have a few questions. i've read that if plants become hermies could be caused by stress. is it possible that there was stress between the time i took the clippings from the donor plant to now? or did it inherit this hermie trait from the donor?

is it possible for this hermie to sex itself?

also, what about the rest of the plants?
i appreciate you guys help.

Light stress, erratic light cycles, is the most common form of stress that induces hermies. BUT.. it "is" a hermie, regardless of the "why", it is worthless, or worse than worthless. And should be culled immediately..

Hick, thank you. it will be done.

what about the rest of the plants?

Hick, keen eyed 'ol dog , eh?:) ...

were these from separate mothers? i would watch the others very close over next week. they should all show true by then...

Latest posts

Back