Cannabis For Infant's Brain Tumor, Doctor Calls Child "A Miracle Baby"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
url: hMPp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/01/cannabis-for-infants-brai_n_2224898.html

Cannabis For Infant's Brain Tumor, Doctor Calls Child "A Miracle Baby"

Medical marijuana is gaining acceptance, but could it even help kids? Dr. William Courtney has seen it happen, and on Friday, told HuffPost Live host Alyona Minkovski about it. Saying he was "quite a skeptic 5 or 6 years ago", Dr. Courtney continued that "my youngest patient is 8 months old, and had a very massive centrally located inoperable brain tumor." The child's father pushed for non-traditional treatment utilizing cannabis.

"They were putting cannabinoid oil on the baby's pacifier twice a day, increasing the dose... And within two months there was a dramatic reduction, enough that the pediatric oncologist allowed them to go ahead with not pursuing traditional therapy."

The tumor was remarkably reduced after eight months of treatment. Dr. Courtney pointed out that the success of the cannabis approach means that "this child, because of that, is not going to have the long-term side effects that would come from a very high dose of chemotherapy or radiation... currently the child's being called a miracle baby, and I would have to agree that this is the perfect response that we should be insisting is frontline therapy for all children before they launch off on all medications that have horrific long term side effects."

Watch the full segment at HuffPost Live.

Great article 7. That's great and sad at the same time. Think of how many lives have been lost and how many have been changed for the worse. And people still think that we're, all of us stoners, are a big joke. It's a shame. Peace out. :)

I'm actually thinking this is not a miracle but a fact that will become more and more frequent, hopefully in a short time.

I've take the other thread (the one of the 7yo child) as an opportunity to inform myself a bit more on which kind of studies have been done on the argument and i've found a river of fresh news and yes, it's actually proved that THC is a real cancer medicine and not only a chemotherapy effects reducer. I was really not updated about these facts and i was thinking that the only proven benefit (related to cancers) was about the chemo part.

This is the original source, a recent article that sums recent and past facts:
hXXp://it.notizie.yahoo.com/blog/wired/arrivano-nuove-conferme-la-marijuana-combatte-il-cancro-093352174.html
And this is a google translated version:
hXXp://translate.google.it/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fit.notizie.yahoo.com%2Fblog%2Fwired%2Farrivano-nuove-conferme-la-marijuana-combatte-il-cancro-093352174.html&act=url

I'm impressed and, after reading for example this part:
The first human clinical trial was conducted in Spain in 2006. The researchers administered THC in nine patients with brain tumor, who had no benefit from traditional therapies, inserting it directly into diseased cells with a catheter. All nine saw the proliferation of tumor shrink significantly, and the results were published in Nature . Meanwhile, researchers at Harvard University found the same effect for lung cancers . The most surprising thing you noticed was the fact that THC affects only cancer cells, leaving healthy cells undisturbed.
...i'm actually feeling the urgency to see this medicine applied to patients of every age, with clinically tested dosages and the great availability that the weed has. I'd say this is obviously a priority to be placed before everything else.

That's what I've been trying to tell anyone that will listen. This stuff really works! All you have to do is start reading and see for yourself. All the lies have been force fed to us for so long, now no one will believe the truth. :)

i would have to say that it is a very intresting out come that marijuana has on many people young and old . i wonder if that infant will have too continue with the oil for the rest of the childs life inorder too remain free from the tumur.

Good question, skullcandy. I have no idea :confused2:

I read this on Huff Po the day it appeared. It is criminal that more research of the type Pistil mentioned is not being done. When are these stupid Reefer Madness groupies going to get a clue?

THG, i'm still digging and i've found something interesting related to what you just said. Studies ARE done, tons of scientists are pressing to start the human analysis asap but who invest in the research field is discouraged to sustain those kind of researches as on cannabis and stamina cells.

I've noticed that many of the articles that talk about medical marijuana comes from unfair parts as medical cannabis associations and i was looking for something coming from fair scientists. Anyway, many of those articles contains links to those famous studies and, when they are serious, they are all in the form of abstratcs published on PubMed. So i've used that very reliable source of scientific abstracts to look for items containing the keywords cannabis and cancer, these are just the first 5 results of the first page….

Cannabidiolic acid, a major cannabinoid in fiber-type cannabis, is an inhibitor of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell migration
hXXp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22963825
Cannabinoids: a new hope for breast cancer therapy?
hXXp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22776349
Cannabinoid-associated cell death mechanisms in tumor models (review)
hXXp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22614735
The role of cannabinoids in prostate cancer: Basic science perspective and potential clinical applications
hXXp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22557710
Chemopreventive effect of the non-psychotropic phytocannabinoid cannabidiol on experimental colon cancer
hXXp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22231745

…last one comes for scientist of my country:eek:

Anyway, if you put other keywords you'll see that so many scientists had so many successful clinical tests that it's really just a matter of who have the interest to slow down these things. Almost all the abstracts i'm finding ends with the phrase "We suggest this could be an effective cure for ...", it's impressive…

PubMed is reliable, in fact you will find even the abstracts of studies against marijuana act to show possible relations between cannabis consumption and schizofreny or lung cancer… but this is just a way to underline that the source is reliable and comes from scientists, all with their different ideas and objectives. I'm pretty sure that the sum of their works will bring us good meds in the end.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I read this on Huff Po the day it appeared. It is criminal that more research of the type Pistil mentioned is not being done. When are these stupid Reefer Madness groupies going to get a clue?

When thier old asses die off.:D

Latest posts

Back