Cannabis-growing nuns campaign to fight Merced marijuana ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
Those of us who have lived in the California Central Valley know how the County Sheriffs and the County District Attorneys fight medical marijuana.

While California is considered a liberal State this is not the case in many rural areas. Merced County being one of many.

I am surprised to see this happening in Merced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannabis-growing nuns campaign to fight Merced marijuana ban

By Oscar Pascual on January 4, 2016 at 8:57 AM

From sfgate.com

weednun.jpg

A group of Merced City nuns are fighting for their right to grow medical marijuana.

The “Sisters of the Valley,” who grow medical cannabis crops in order to produce salves and tonics concentrated with cannabidiol (CBD), could be forced to close when the city council will consider a ban on marijuana cultivation next week, ABC News reports.

Sister Kate and Sister Darcy produce a variety of CBD-rich cannabis products in order to help treat an extended list of health problems.

“We make CBD oil, which takes away seizures and a million other things,” Sister Kate told ABC. “It’s very high in demand from cancer patients right now. And we make a salve that’s a multi-purpose salve, but we found out it cures migraines, hangovers, earaches, tooth aches and diaper rash.”

While they are not traditionally religious, the two call themselves “nuns”, wear a habit, and believe their business is of a spiritual order.

“It’s part of my life design to help people,” Sister Darcey said to ABC. “I have to feel important, and this really does.”

The sisters plan to appear before the city council in an effort to save their business, as several California cities rush to ban medical marijuana businesses due to a typo in California’s new medical marijuana regulatory laws.

“It’s frustrating to me because there are all of these people with negative attitudes about something that is truly God’s gift,” Sister Darcey said.

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetrut...-nuns-campaign-to-fight-merced-marijuana-ban/

Even in States where medical marijuana is legal we have a lot of work to do. This is why I support ASA.

th

http://www.safeaccessnow.org/

Latest posts

Back