Carlos Santana Urges Barack Obama To Legalise Cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
URL SOURCE: hXXp://www.festivalwise.com/news/50298/Carlos-Santana-Urges-Barack-Obama-To-Legalise-Cannabis ******************************************************** * by Scott Colothan * Friday, April 03, 2009 * Photo by: WENN.com Carlos Santana Urges Barack Obama To Legalise Cannabis Carlos Santanta has urged President Barack Obama to legalise cannabis. The 61-year-old guitar legend believes that by making the drug legal, it could transform the flagging American economy. Speaking at the promotional launch of his Hard Rock Hotel residency in Las Vegas, Santana used the platform to spread his views on the contentious subject. According to the Associated Press, he said: "Legalize marijuana and take all that money and invest it in teachers and in education. You will see a transformation in America. (Legalisation is) really way overdue, like the prohibition with the alcohol and stuff like that.” Santana even used the opportunity to take a swipe at Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I really believe that as soon as we legalize and decriminalize marijuana we can actually afford a really good governor who won't keep taking money away from education and from teachers and send him back to Hollywood where he can do 'D' movies and we can get an 'A' governor."

Anyone with kids should think thats a great idea that Carlos has, sure thing from me, investing in my 2 kids education, even more reason to support it! There the ones who will be taking care of us!!!

Criz

All I can say is just keep plugging away at Obama if we (the people) and celebs like Carlos keep voicing our opinions eventually they will hear us. And yes the tax money would go along way in our education systems. Really can't think of a better way to spend it. And if not for our schools and teachers then use it in our health care system god knows they need help also...take care..

No disrespect to Carlos but... Bashing Arnold and using phrases such as "the prohibition of alcohol and stuff like that" to augment an arguement is of no real help to anybody.

Haha Carlos. I actually met Carlos at a Concert for the late Bill Graham in SF shoot...back in '91 I believe. I am standing there, I look over, and Carlos Santana is standin' next to me. I had just seen him at the Shoreline Ampetheater a week prior. I commented to him about his show, and he replied, "thanks man, do you smell weed?" I said, "well ya, everyone is tokin' up". Santana replies" Where? it smells great!". I told him I had a nice green joint, back then, there were no Big Strain names and "boutique" weed, it was either good Green, or nasty red bud.
Anyway, I fired it up and he puffed tough with me! About an hour later, he was on stage! It was cool knowing he was high, and I got him high before he went on stage.

An Unbelievably awesome experience NorCalHal!:)
Carlos sure has a point but bashing people never get's good result..
i wonder if arnie listened to santana back in the 70s.

Latest posts

Back