Caused by too much heat??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle244948

Reaction score
About a week ago I put my plants under a 400 hps light and one of my plants looked like it got burned bad. Right when I saw this I moved the light up and since no burning has occured on the leaves. I just want to make sure this is what the problem was and is there anyway to fix it. They are in week 3 of growth and I will be starting nutes next week(fox farm). I was thinking of cutting the burnt leaves off but Im not sure about that. What do you guys think? I have some pictures, they are not the greates(camera) but hopefully you can get the picture. Please let me know what you think. And like I said before I have fixed the problem with the light and I have not had any other problems. I am using Fox farm ocean soil and ph controlled tap water for now. If any other information is needed please ask. Thanks a lot.
wMTMxODE1NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTMxODE2MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

looks more like light/water burn . what distance is your bulb from the tops?
When you water do you leave any droplets on the leaves?

Anyway Id leave those leaves as they are the plants are a bit young to strip those leaves,they wont do any harm.

dont pull the leaves.are you spraying them with water?pulling the leaves could turn it too.ihave seen that happen before.hope i could help have a good one

No I havent sparyed the leaves. When I water I make sure that I dont get any one the leaves and if I do I make sure I knock all the droplets off. I only water every 3-4 days and when I do, I water untill it comes out the bottom of the bucket, just like I have read in some posts on here. When it happened the light was about foot n' half away, since then I have moved the light up about another foot to and foot n' half and nothing has happened and looks like the plants are loving it.

This one looks healthy as and ox if i do say so myself. Anyone think different?

2r795le.jpg

Looks just fine t me. kyle
I run a 400 an I keep it bout 18" from the tops, I tied a bit of string to reflector so it hangs about 18" down giving a visual guide to raising and lowering.

Well I just checked the plant again and it looks like the new set of leaves above the burnt ones have yellow tips. They arent too bad but they are yellowing. I dont know what this could be from. I was thinking maybe nutrient lock out but Im not 100% sure on that. Anyone have an idea of what it might be or has had this problem? I am using a mini ph test kit from GH untill I can get a digital meter.

These are the leaves that I am talking about. I did noticed that it wasnt really getting any air blown on it from the fan like the other plant is. I have moved it so it will get air blown on it like the other healthy one. Hopefully that will help out some (Crosses fingers).
4cail9e.jpg

Now the leaves coming out of the top are starting to curl up like they are too hot. I dont understand this, my one plant is so healthy and this one is looking so rough. If it doesnt get any better by the end of the week I think Im going to have to get rid of here, something Im defiantly not trying to do.

Yeah I was thinking that I just dont want to see a plant die. Kind of sucks but things happen. The bad thing is Im not growing too many plants and I really dont want to see one die so quick like this. If it dies, would I be able to use the soil that it was in or no?

Latest posts

Back