CFL 654watts Autoflower grow tent. Seeds just arived. Please look over my set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliddy

Reaction score
I have low Ryder 2, kush, and lemon skunk that just came today (both the kush and lemon are auto flowering). I have a 4x2.3x4 fully reflective grow tent. 6x square 2gal pots, with happy frog. Jiffy seed starters. I plan on transplanting from starters direct to 2gal pots. I went and got fox farms gow big and tiger bloom: is it worth getting bloom big?

As for lighting a have 2x 6400k 200w ( actual watts, so like 26,000 lumens each) and 1x 200w 2700k. I Only have 2 ballists in there so first 2 weeks I'll use the 6400k and then swap one for a 2700k. Then I also have 4x 2700k 68w 4100 lumens each (actual watts again). It's getting **** hot in there ATM so I got a 425 cfm exaust and 2x 250 cfm intake. But it's been hot as hell where I live in nor cal lately and there is no ac where the tent is. The hottest it's getting in there is like 85. In he winter I might put up another balast as it won't be so hot.

I plan on my first crop being lr2 and will for sure pollinate a female. And then depending how is goes trying the lemon skunk. I'm Going to be growing 6 to 8 at a time.

Do you think I have enough light? Is it worth getting big bloom? And any advice would be great, or ideas, or props.

Cliddy said:
I have a 4x2.3x4 fully reflective grow tent.

As for lighting a have 2x 6400k 200w ( actual watts, so like 26,000 lumens each) and 1x 200w 2700k. I Only have 2 ballists in there so first 2 weeks I'll use the 6400k and then swap one for a 2700k. Then I also have 4x 2700k 68w 4100 lumens each (actual watts again).

If your room is 9.2 sq/ft you need 46000 lumens.

Your 200 watt cfl's put out about 10,000 lumens each and 4 @ 4100 lumens = 36,400 lumens so you are short on light.

With a 400 watt HPS you would have 50,000 lumens and less heat than the 672 watts your using now.

Greetings, and welcome to the BEST marijuana forum on the net. This is just my opinion and you do not need to take it to heart. I do not think you have enough room for 6-8 at a time. My room is about 5'wide,5'tall and 3' deep and I can't fit that many plants in my room. Even dwarfs and smaller auto flowers. I would actually use a 3 gallon pot if you can.MJ grows bad quickly when the roots get bounded up. I am not real familiar with the lights you have. I grew with cfl's along time ago and have switched to an hps which is far superior to cfl's. I also use the fox farm nutes and I use big bloom. I always have considered the THREE of them to be the best for my plants. What do you mean when you talk about ballasts with cfl's? I hope this helps a little. :D for your grow

Like ms said above thats his opinion. I fit 8 plants into a 3x1.5" foot area no problem. Just don't veg for long. Also like growdude mentioned a 400watt hid would do better than your cfls but if cfls are what you have then you might as well use them. Replace it when you can, why not try to get through this first grow with what you have and then go from there. I think you are on the right track, keep the airflow up and try to keep the temp as close to ambient as you can. Some guys are going to claim that weed wont grow at high temps, its **, it will just not as well, some of these plants grow in deserts and the tropics so it'll adjust don't worry about it.

Don't start getting all crazy with your nutrients yet, keep it simple what you have is fine. Follow the instructions on the bottle except half the amount the tell you to use and slowly work your way to full strength. With a good distribution of light you should do just fine.

Latest posts

Back