cfls/flursc. lights vs mh, hps and HID

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheEnhancementSmoker said:
The intensity will more than make up for the spectrum difference.

In all honesty, no, it won't. Nothing can substitute for a proper blend of light spectra. Also, blue is higher-energy light than red by a few orders of magnitude, so by means of pure particle physics, no, more intense red light will not compensate for a lack of blue light.

If the Always420Forum hadn't died, I'd link to the post I made detailing the entire thing about visible spectrum wavelengths and the available energy band. Took me two weeks and much grilling of my horticultural science teacher and physics teacher to get the info I needed.

If in reality red was all you needed, you could pull off a good grow with incandescent bulbs - and we all know that just doesn't happen.

Is T5 kinda blue flours. lights and T8 is kinda warm lights or brighter blue lights?

or is that comes in different size? T8 bigger than T5? sorry if that is dumb question heh... I do see more female ratio with blue flours lights and MH lights.. HPS is good for bloom though... but if use HPS in veg cycle, can produce more of male ratio, I noticed too..:eek:

T5 comes in many diff color ranges , I have a set of 6500K bulbs for growing and 2600K bulbs for blooming.

KaliKitsune said:
T5 comes in many diff color ranges , I have a set of 6500K bulbs for growing and 2600K bulbs for blooming.

so you don't use HPS for blooming? and what wrong with T8?

Somebody needs to do a grow with each at one time with the same feed, watering cycle, substrate, size dimensions of space, and pots then make really good notes about the difference with some precise photos or else everything will just be opinion. I don't think I have ever met anybody who has tried each type.

few days ago I went to lowes, and home depot, checking the flours. lights making list what I need... T5 is small... I want something bigger, I had employees to show me the light of T5 and T8, I finds T8 is really bright blue dual tubes, 16x6 with hood, I ll try get 2 of them and see the results too
it better be good for veg...T5 is really low on lighting IMO

papabeach1 said:
few days ago I went to lowes, and home depot, checking the flours. lights making list what I need... T5 is small... I want something bigger, I had employees to show me the light of T5 and T8, I finds T8 is really bright blue dual tubes, 16x6 with hood, I ll try get 2 of them and see the results too
it better be good for veg...T5 is really low on lighting IMO

T5 has the highest output of the floro tubes, what were the lumen outputs of the fixtures you were compairing?

I have seeds on order, I have mh 400, would it be idea for me too use t5 bulbs
for rooting to escape heat/light burn?

MH is good, you are right, using floursc. T5/T8 would be less hassle cuz of heats..
just that both stores home depot, and lowes only supplies one foot of T5 the rest of T8 is larger and brighter, I don't know why maybe my city is too hypocrite of whatever it is..

600w HPS lum=90,000
23 w cfl lum=1,500
54 w T5 lum=5,000

how about this.. to match the 600 hps...

pretty much needs 60 cfls of warm/soft type.. to match the same lumen of 600w HPS
which output the watt will be 1,380.00 that is more than wattage than 600w hps
gives!! or be lucky to do this..30 cfls will give off almost to 700 watts and give
only 45,000 avg. of lumen.. maybe 15 cfls 350w total..22,500 of lums.. that is
too much yes lucky 600w HPS is winner but.. get this..

T5 54w red high output lum=5,000... 20 of T5 makes up 100,000 of lumens!!
lets do the math
20 tubes times 54watts that is total of 1,080 watts oh jesus christ!..

maybe better off deal with 10 tubes (50,000 lum) 540w cheaper..
or 5 tubes (25,000lum) 270w very reaiable and affordable and impossosible to
find you under the "FLIR" for growing suspections..

to me... just for REAL!!... plant only needs about 20 photons to make a
finished molecule of sugar. (thats during bloom/flower time)

Photosynthetic Active Radiation, (PAR) is sensed by a leaf pigment, thats how it
produces the sugars... so lets worry about how much lumens we need to give plant
a super healthy living being..

A large HID lamp may give out loads of lumens, but if it's too far away from your
plant most are wasted (remember light intensity diminishes with distance) In addition
the light a plant can use from these lamps is limited because the plant cannot see
or use it because it is in the wrong spectrum.

so time has been wasted, enegery has been wasted too.. spendin too much bills is
wasted.. money wasted.. suck huh?

what is Radiation? its just a word for lights/photon that gives plants enegery..
just like the way suns go around us... 4 seasons, simple as it is.. being close
to the sun does cook you like a microwaves does..microwaves do have radiation to
cook your foods hot!!..

Photosynthetic Active Radiation or (PAR) is measure of lights. works same as lumens
so deal with just lumen and cut the story short.. lets brain rest too..
so how much lumens does a plant just needs...
I figured it out... plant itself just need much as 500 lumens for veg!! and
700 lumens for flowering.... for real...yea.... so rewind it...

one plant, how many cfls? yeah just one...so runnin 23 watts... lucky!! maybe 3 to 4
cfls for 3 plants not bad!!.. I has tested it.. I see it it's true!!.. for veg!

how about one of dual T5 tubes with no hood? ..that will gives off 10,000lums...
that will be grateful for clones of SOG.. or 15 of mothers maybe.. not bad..
and runs only 108 watt!!, great for veg!!now that is something power/enegery company
will not worry about your high watt power suspectious!! even undetectable on
the FLIR radar!! which leos does uses as toys known as "heat radar"

the T5 high output does have red kind of light, nor blue kind of light for veg..
not bad!!

keep in your mind..cool day light of cfls does give more lumens than warm/soft cfls
do.. thats good and great for veg, but for bloom/ flowers you will need to run
little more of soft cfls, or nor use T5 and couples of soft cfls to work together..

let say if we do that.. let say.. 3 soft cfls on every corner of grow room and dualT5
above of your plants.. so its 12 soft cfls x 23 watts is 276 watts.. hmm and add up to
108 watts for dual T5 altogher would be 384 watts, to me... I'm giving the plants
what their requirements from the lights.. but tempture is important to be mainatanced..
as 70 to 80 somewhere..depends on the condtions.. and it is for bloom time... all that.
its easy to deal with it.. for veg, just only use blue type of dual T5 high output..
really simple.. if you want extra lights, day cool light (blue cfls) will work though..
great to get them to veg...

In my option, cfls and T5 works sweet!!! or any high output flours. lights.
and less watts on veg, plus only almost 385 watts works the same as 600 watt hps
but 600 wastes more on power, enegery, and money..

thats your call..

by the way.. HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM gives heats,lot of heats, well..
tempture control systems does that.. like...heater, cermanic heater. be creative.

no offense... alright? just to help... less busts for leos and let senates
see its wasted to have our taxes on the FLIR for cops to play with.. its really
expesnive than what we spent on grow lamps and setups all that, for real!..;)

Latest posts

Back