Cheap but Reliable Digital PH Reader in UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipsngravy

Reaction score
Whats my best option?? something that could do soil and water would be best. I am currently on my first grow and I know that I will probably be leaving the country after my 2nd so its not worth spending loads on something......a reader that will give accurate results for a couple of months will be great

look for a hanna ph meter on ebay.

stay away from cheap fancy looking meters from China or HK, dont worry about soil if you ph the water you feed with jmo

dman1234 said:

stay away from cheap fancy looking meters from China or HK, dont worry about soil if you ph the water you feed with jmo

Thanks for the response, this brand looks like it makes good products (due to the more expensive options avalible)

This looks basic but I think it will do the job for my small operation?

edit: link removed

a second hand one is not a good idea right??? because it might be giving false readings??

Thats the one. Make sure you get calibration fluid as well.
No point going second hand. You don't know how the other person has treated it and they are not that expensive.
watch the live link. :)

dman1234 said:

what is jmo?????

Just my opinion (JMO)

I think he meant if you ph the water when feeding don't worry about ph of the soil, Jmo

Jericho said:
Just my opinion (JMO)

I think he meant if you ph the water when feeding don't worry about ph of the soil, Jmo

ahh ok.....

I think that maybe I will need to get something for soil also because I've been having trouble my plants and would like to be able to rule out soil ph

to test your soil ph just run plain water through it and check the run off that will give you your soil PH

fruity86 said:
to test your soil ph just run plain water through it and check the run off that will give you your soil PH

ahhh very clever

They really do not make any reliable inexpensive pH meters for soil. Be sure to get calibration fluid when you get your meter and keep it calibrated.

Latest posts

Back