cloning a broken stalk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420check420

i was moving my babies around today, and when i went to grab one pot, the head of a side stalk was caught by a thorn bush and it broke the stalk off, to where it was hanging by a literal thread and couldnt be repaired.. so i ripped it off, brought it in and made a 45 degree cut at the lowest part i could, and now it sits in a vase of water.. can i root this as a cutting? the stalk is fairly big, its 14-16 inches long and the stem is as thick as a pen at the bottom... i'd love to save it, cuz it came from a confirmed female plant.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks :)

I don't know for sure. But, I THINK you can root it in water.

That branch you broke off should clone fine.

I've been gone for a long time, this site has grown tremendously in the last couple of years, great job MARPASSION.

ickypitbull said:
I've been gone for a long time, this site has grown tremendously in the last couple of years, great job MARPASSION.

Seriously....

Hey man, the same thing happend to my plant a few days back. I was moving her and somehow just snap! right at the stock, just hanging on barley. What i did was took these nice soft-wire ties, wich are really great for LST, held the branch in the correct spot and tied him to the main brach for about 4 days. today i took the tie off and its perfect. But yeah, like icky said, that thing will clone just fine as long as you have a good enviorment for it.

wish i coulda done that =/ but it was pretty much totally busted off.. im just gonna keep it in this vase till it shows me some roots.. is that how you do it? ive never cloned :$

'check'...I doubt that that large of branch will root/survive. Likely too much foilage to support IMHO. Any smaller shoots coming off of the broken stem?..Something 3-6 inches long with a few leaves, nearer the size of a toothpick or wooden match would be a better candidate.
Make your 45 cut under water, 24/0 under flourescents, cross your fingers..:D

Welcome back ickypit'..

true.. better to try and fail than not try at all :D thanks man

Latest posts

Back