Closet Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
What's up everyone! I just moved into a new place and the only closet that could work for marijuana growing has a door that closes completely like a front door. My last grow had two sliding doors so I could crack one door and shoot the exhaust duct out the top corner. My friend told me to just take the door off and put some plastic up, but I want to keep the door on. Do you guys have any suggestions about keeping the heat down with a 400 watt hps and keeping the door on?
Thanks,
BW:hubba:

if you try plastic dont use mylar, you can see STRAIGHT through it

sounds like an expensive job fitting exhaust and intake fans

or an expensive air conditioner

pictures would help

good luck

Wow,
That is a tough one. Do you have a garage that you could use as an alternative ?
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Find an old door that you can cut a hole into to place a vent into. You can probably find a door cheap or free pretty easily. If you get the right vent, no one would even suspect anything!

I had the same issue and solved it before i had to take my plants outside, so here is what i was doing:

i added 2 electrical outlets in the closet since the breaker box was on the opposite side of 1 of the walls, I bought a vent that you use for the ac outlets in the rooms, i cut a squre big enuff to be covered by the vent from the outside of door.
i then built a square wooden box without 1 side, i then put holes on the sides of the box to attach computer fans, the reason for the sides is to keep more light from leaking out, i then attached the box to the inside part of the door and put some L angles brackets to attch it to door, i then wired up thre fans and it worked great, just make sure you put the fans the right way so they **** air into the closet.. i had to redo mines the first time. Good Luck

Take the doorknob off, instant vent! :laugh:

Latest posts

Back