completely sealed...thermostat??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I EAT WEED

Reaction score
I'm building a TIGHTLY sealed new box (due to stinky skunk smells last time). My question is, if I set the inline exhaust fan on a thermostat, but I leave the small CPU intake fan, and small desk fan blowing inside the box, what happens when it gets cool enough and the inline fan turns off?

Will I build up so much air that the box will combust??? J/K...

Is it ok that the inline fan connected to a carbon filter of course is the only exit of air?

Sounds right to me. The only exit i have for air in my tent is through my carbon filter. i also run a cooled hood though and have passive intakes. You should be fine.

I think it will strain the computer fan, possibly (or eventually) breaking it. You can test this by turning your inline fan off, turn the computer fan on, and then check if the computer fan slows down considerably when you close the grow box door.

If you really want to have the computer fan constantly exchanging the air, I would recommend:
change it from an intake, to an outtake
drill some holes somewhere, to allow passive air exchange

I'm building a TIGHTLY sealed new box (due to stinky skunk smells last time)
Since smell is a serious concern, I would recommend:
connect the computer fan to the thermostat (along with inline)
install a one-way duct over your computer fan (so that no smell can leak out when there are no fans running)

Goodluck :)

at that point is it even worth it? If they are going to both kick on at pretty much the same time, wouldn't the neg pressure from the exhaust fan blowing out, pretty much suck whatever air it would need from a passive intake? I'll have the airking circulating air inside 24/7...so perhaps intake air isn't as important?

Latest posts

Back