confused about flowering times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stvitusdance

Reaction score
hi - sorry to ask such a simple question. if i buy a seed that says on the package "flowering 50-60 days" what does that mean? that it's ready to go 12/12 and flower after 2 months?

if so is there a rough estimate when it will be ready to harvest after the beginning of flowering? (i understand that genetics/strain/lighting/etc etc etc all influnce when the grow is ready to harvest.) thanks!

no you can veg for however long id suggest veg atleast till its a foot tall and the 50-60 days its saying you flower for 50-60 days ;)

oh! so i was all backwards on this. it means after i start to flower it will be mature in 50 or 60 days? wow that's a long time. so is it "normal" for an indoor grow to take 4 months from start to finish? my only other experience growing was lowryder 2 and as you know it's a different deal. seems to me i went from start to finish on that in about 7 weeks. hey thanks for the info!

yea lowryder is just a special specimen unlike any other im sure ill get some comments for that one lol but i mean you could do it in three months if you were in a rush and for a normal non autoflower strain it is normal for it to take that long and np buddy :)

thanks again! that helps. this is my first time growing a "regular" strain so i'm just winging it. after my first grow with LR2 this kiwi skunk apparently takes about twice as long plus the 12/12 light change. obviously i'll get a much bigger plant this time as well. and i have to say my LR2 gro made some good weed - i was very happy with it. and i grew it myself!

right on! before my lowryder gro i had bought an expensive quarter of "good stuff" and it sure looked and smelled good and got me plenty high but my little stinky fruity homegrown LR2 was better pot. thanks again!

no problem man thats what we are here for if ya need anything just give me a shout :)

lowrydergrower775 said:
thats what its all about man giving the dealers the finger and smoking your own ;)

Yeah...I dont have to say a word....I just flip them the Bird.. and keep growN..I dont buy from no1..

There is a major difference in INDICA and Sativa Vegging times and Flowering times.
You can VEG for as short or as long as you want to. MICRO GROWERS, Growers that grow in a very small box or space, they VEG for one or two days. Some SEA OF GREEN growers VEG for one or two weeks. Most Hydro growers VEG for 4 or 5 weeks to get large plants if their grow space can handle a large tall plant.
To me, in my humble opinion, it doesn't make sense for a child to get pregnant and have a baby, and it doesn't make sense to only VEG for a short while and make a immature baby plant FLOWER and BLOOM.
I VEG my Indica for 5 weeks, and Bloom for 8 or 9 weeks, closer to 9, depending on the color of the trichs.

Peace

just to get this cleared up. with ny city diesel it says 9 an half weeks flowering. does that mean 9 an half weeks from when u put them on 12/12 or from when pistols start to show, this is an ongoin debate round my parts. but the differance can b 1 week or so which all sid an done is about 10% of flower time.
be most appreciated if someone in the know can clear this up.
PEACE

times given are only a guide, use the trich colours to decide chop day

THE Roseman said:

To me, in my humble opinion, it doesn't make sense for a child to get pregnant and have a baby, and it doesn't make sense to only VEG for a short while and make a immature baby plant FLOWER and BLOOM.
I VEG my Indica for 5 weeks, and Bloom for 8 or 9 weeks, closer to 9, depending on the color of the trichs.

Peace

Well Roseman, it's obvious you're not from Kentucky... :D but let me, let you in on a secret...yes you can flower them while they seem like they are virgins...yes I know it seems wrong but those little girls will give up their flower after being just 4 weeks or so into puberty... Ahh, I said it...why???, so you get instant colas, nothing more, nothing less and by some growers thinkng... it's the fastest most productive method, thou a tad of work....all those clones...
and if you should get popped, a lot of plant count...:cop: bad guy to left...

PS I have daughters....

lowrydergrower775 said:
yea lowryder is just a special specimen unlike any other im sure ill get some comments for that one lol but i mean you could do it in three months if you were in a rush and for a normal non autoflower strain it is normal for it to take that long and np buddy :)

what is a lowryder? is it a strain?or what?

Thanks

pokersmoke said:
just to get this cleared up. with ny city diesel it says 9 an half weeks flowering. does that mean 9 an half weeks from when u put them on 12/12 or from when pistols start to show, this is an ongoin debate round my parts. but the differance can b 1 week or so which all sid an done is about 10% of flower time.
PEACE

Thats a good question thank you.. me to was wondering when to count weeks? from start of 12/12 or after 2 weeks when they show sex

- also can i harvest with out a microscope? is it that important? i went to radioshack and didnt find any!!

thanks

pokersmoke said:
PEACE

9 and a half weeks from the first minute you put them on 12/12 .

I got mine at RadioShack, $10.95, ask them to order one for you.
I've read that most Indica has a ten day window of opportunity for Harvesting, and you could be lucky and go by other clues as to when to harvest, but to select the high you want (Head-High, or Body High, Or Up High, or Couch Lock High) then you need to go by the color of the trichomes and use a 30X microscope.

THE Roseman said:
9 and a half weeks from the first minute you put them on 12/12 .

I think its 9 1/2 week from the time they start to flower. The packages all normally ready "flowering time X", if your not showing flowers how you are counting days. This is always a good topic of debate. I am buying a magnifier to harvest these skunk.

its says on my strain pack 55-60 days ? thats means 8 weeks and 4 more days?

Latest posts

Back