confused about problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb3159

Reaction score
Hey guys im a first timer and i have a problem i cant figure out. I am growing in an ebb and flow system inside a stealth cabinet. The plants are starting to brown, or rust a bit. It seems that this could be a number of things. Here is all my info.
These where started from seed about a month ago. They started in rockwool and after they developed first set of leaves i put them in the mister system where they where misted with lite nutes, once roots where coming through the rockwool i transplanted to 4in cubes and moved to flowering room. I am using dutch master nutes, full strength, a 600w HPS air cooled light with ballist outside of cabinet. When light is off the temp is about 77 with 40% humidity, light on it tops out at about 88 with 65% humidity. It was running hotter than that so i got a little 95cfm blower and that helped a bit. There is also 2 circulation fans in this small space. The light is about 2 feet away from canopy. I check and maintain a ph of 6. For the most part my plants look pretty good. I will be greatful for any help.
Thanks

Pics

P5100003_1.JPG

P5100004_1.JPG

P5100005_1.JPG

P5100006_1.JPG

kb3159, that looks like a nute burn growing. I would advise you to dilute your reservoir with 50% plain water.

Mix your nutes at half strength and your new growth should be fine. Just let the damaged leaves do what they want. They won't repair.

What watering cycle timing are you using?

Good looking system you have.

Good luck to you man.

My babies get watered 5 times a day. When the light goes out it gets watered once. Then 4 more times during light cycle.
Thanks guys

kb3159 said:
My babies get watered 5 times a day. When the light goes out it gets watered once. Then 4 more times during light cycle.
Thanks guys
How long is your watering cycle, (the time the pump is on)?

kb3159 said:
15 min intervals. Is that to much watering?
Over the years, I've found that for weed, in an ebb and flow system, one hour on, two hours off, 24/7 works best for me.

The plants get lots of nutrients, lots of water and lots of oxygen. Combine that with proper light, fresh air and the correct temps and you've got the best of the best.

Good luck to you man!

Thanks for your hlep, ill change that right now. Also my biggest plant has been on the 12/12 light 2 weeks today, I still cant see any sign of sex. Am i just being inpacient?

Latest posts

Back