Contact your Representative before the VOTE! (link inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowRider

Reaction score
I wasn't even aware of this bill till now.

hxxps://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?JServSessionIdr009=alxg85ixm1.app13a&cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=169

Hinchey-Rohrabacher Action Page
Please use this site to help pass the Hinchey-Rohrabacher medical marijuana amendment.

This summer, the U.S. House of Representatives will vote on the Hinchey-Rohrabacher amendment, which, if passed, would prohibit the DEA and the Justice Department from spending taxpayer money to raid, arrest, or prosecute medical marijuana patients and providers in the 12 states where medical marijuana is legal. The amendment has been steadily gaining momentum for the last several years.
Studies have shown that personalized e-mails are much more likely to influence members of Congress and their staff. We have provided a sample letter below, but please use our language as a starting point and create a personalized e-mail of your own. If you have a family member or friend who has used medical marijuana, or if you are a patient yourself, please share that information with your member of Congress. It will increase the impact of your letter.

Here's how it (the voting) turned out over the last few years. You can see who voted 'no' and send them a quick email as LowRider pointed out.

Sorry for the double post :O

LowRider said:
I wasn't even aware of this bill till now.

hxxps://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?JServSessionIdr009=alxg85ixm1.app13a&cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=169

Hinchey-Rohrabacher Action Page
Please use this site to help pass the Hinchey-Rohrabacher medical marijuana amendment.

This summer, the U.S. House of Representatives will vote on the Hinchey-Rohrabacher amendment, which, if passed, would prohibit the DEA and the Justice Department from spending taxpayer money to raid, arrest, or prosecute medical marijuana patients and providers in the 12 states where medical marijuana is legal. The amendment has been steadily gaining momentum for the last several years.
Studies have shown that personalized e-mails are much more likely to influence members of Congress and their staff. We have provided a sample letter below, but please use our language as a starting point and create a personalized e-mail of your own. If you have a family member or friend who has used medical marijuana, or if you are a patient yourself, please share that information with your member of Congress. It will increase the impact of your letter.

when will we know if it passed or not? and ok i am an idiot when it comes to politics and everything in between. who is the u.s. house of representatives? is that like a few people from each state? and how can i know who i can contact or e mail about this?

contact your representatives in your state everyone!

hxxps://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml (replace the x's with t's and put in browser, otherwise it shows the referring website (mp) to the target site) thanks hick.

contacting your representative truly helps for every e-mail they get they count it as 100 because polling shows that only 1 out of 100 people that feel strongly about an issue will actually take the time to write in.

make a difference and tell your representative about your feelings about the House of Representatives vote that will prevent federal enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act against medical marijuana users and providers in the states that have approved such use.

it is called the "Hinchey-Rohrabacher amendment" and will be voted upon this summer so write to them and make a difference.

just sent my rep. an email, thanks for the heads up.

jeffca said:
https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

contacting your representative truly helps for every e-mail they get they count it as 100 because polling shows that only 1 out of 100 people that feel strongly about an issue will actually take the time to write in.

make a difference and tell your representative about your feelings about the House of Representatives vote that will prevent federal enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act against medical marijuana users and providers in the states that have approved such use.

it is called the "Hinchey-Rohrabacher amendment" and will be voted upon this summer so write to them and make a difference.

I wish alot more people of MP will vote .

Giving the government all of my information just doesn't jive... I do have a prescription and hold valid cannabis cards, but this is different. This is posting all of my information on a website with a high probability of federal officials to see. I grow my allotted amount of plants. I would only write to the government if I was able to speak my mind.. I feel that I would be arrested if I did...
I vote... Doesn't mean much. I do it just to say I do it.. That way, my opinion matters to millions of people who I don't care about..

The day the Feds come after citizens for voicing concerns is the day this Country sees another "civil war". Not like the 1860's, but a 2008/09 version where we, the people start tossing the clowns responsible out of office. We should be doing that anyways, but we aren't.

If you are not in the USA, disregard my comments as I have no idea of foreign Government agenda's.

Yeah this is a good bill if passed. Which we need badly. As you can see it has gained more and more votes each time. lets hope there is enough power behind it and get those 100 other votes. so please send this to friends and else where on the net. get to e-mailing ASAP!!!!

Megatron said:
Giving the government all of my information just doesn't jive... I do have a prescription and hold valid cannabis cards, but this is different. This is posting all of my information on a website with a high probability of federal officials to see. I grow my allotted amount of plants. I would only write to the government if I was able to speak my mind.. I feel that I would be arrested if I did...
I vote... Doesn't mean much. I do it just to say I do it.. That way, my opinion matters to millions of people who I don't care about..

Just so you know the Card you hold means squat at-least at the federal level. this protects people like you and many others from the federal gov. and lets the shops that serve you serve and leaves the medical marijuana up to the states. if this was to pass we probably would have more states pass medical marijuana laws in the next few years if not sooner in those states that don't have laws.

As this is a fed case anyone can sign the petition. so i will be and lets make my area lucky number 13 :aok: we may have it on the ballot here soon (fingers crossed ) ;) but it looks like some northerners will beat us to the right move before we get to act :D

I know.. It will. Its just when.. I thought it would be before gay marriage. It's just around the corner...

LowRider said:
Just so you know the Card you hold means squat at-least at the federal level. this protects people like you and many others from the federal gov. and lets the shops that serve you serve and leaves the medical marijuana up to the states. if this was to pass we probably would have more states pass medical marijuana laws in the next few years if not sooner in those states that don't have laws.

I just wrote to my representative, and I will make sure that every single one of my friends does it too! Good looking out!

I sent my congresswoman a long email about supporting medical marijuana... I figured it would be best to leave out anything about legalization and try for one issue at a time though...

Latest posts

Back