Cuping Leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berserker

Valhalla
Reaction score
These are some diesel that I've also got going.They are under a 400 Mh 24/7 18 inches away, very good air circulation,temp is 81.They are ocean forest soil,Given nutes 1/4 strength Grow Big every other watering (2 feedings).I am using lake water.Have a bubbler system running in the H2o.Some of the leaves have a high shine to them also.This just started to happen yesterday.Keep it GREEN:D

sick 1.jpg

sick 2.jpg

sick 3.jpg

back the light off 6 inches and get back to me n an hr or so..... if not enuff keep backing till they uncurl and ridges on leaves mellow out. thats your sweet spot. :)

this is an argument from another post. that you cant have to many lumens, well thats what happens when you have to much intensity. easy fix!

plants look great man!

Mainly i think theres a ph problem, and I think it could be slightly over-watered?

imho, it doesnt seem that the light has anything to do with the problem.
Since the plant doesnt have any burn.

good luck, keep er' GrEeNnNnNGREEN

They get watered every 3 or 4 days.I just stick the ole finger in the dirt trick.I also feel that its a Ph problem.(thanks dog's)My NEW ph tester broke.Used it ONCE.I know I got to get another one.So all I got here now is the drop tester.Keep it GREEN

bro, that 400 is plenty for them...raise the light and supercrop if your worried about strech. that 400 is plenty to make them fat. theres no burning as of yet but they will get use to the lumens and then u can lower the light when they are ready but there to young and tender atm. i am 100 percent positive that thats the problem, ive seen it 100 times. just try it. if you potted in bigger taller containers, lowered the light just put them under the light or have had it stationary and there growing into them....thats why. theres a determining factor i know is causeing it and it IS the light.

interesting, never seen light do that to the plants....

If thats not it, do check the ph as soon as you get the chance.

Ok I went in there and Backed that light off 6 inches.I will keep you posted.Keep it GREEN:D

I gave it some time and I did back the light off.But now I have more leaves that are like that.Any other ideas? Ph to high or to low?

when exactly did the cupping start? did u move the light? set them under the hid? change containers? when exactly did it start and what events took place before it occured? to figure it out you must backtrack. go down the line and make a list of all the things you did with the plants before the cupping happened. im sure the answer is there!

Im telling you, i dont think its the light.
you have some sort of difficiency...

Appears to be a High Ph to me....

i would compare your plant with the sticky on plant problems.
It has lots of pic's, and would be easy to figure out your problem

Here is the link http://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Thanks/ThankYou.htm

You should be able to find out whats going on there

I think your leaf looks like this one.....which would be a form of nute burn.
Yours dont appear to be too bad.
check ph too

nute_burn01.jpg

when i had the leaf curl in my photos....all i did was raise the light. im my case it worked wonders. its hard to diagnose without the history of what youve done to the plants.

did you feed recently? do you even check ph? theres a possibility of anything.

get back to us because the problem will continue if it isnt solved...

Secondary Nutrients Magnesium (Mg) is found as a central atom in the chlorophyll molecule and is essential to the absorption of light energy. Magnesium aids in the utilization of nutrients, neutralizes acids and toxic compounds produced by the plant. Deficiency signs of magnesium are: Older leaves yellow from the center outward, while veins remain green on deficient plants. Leaf tips and edges may discolor and curl upward. Growing tips turn lime green if the deficiency progresses to the top of the plant.

You should have that h2o tested. Take it to a water company and they will analyze it completely. Tell you all elements in it. I would bet that its the water.

and the 420 post award goes to.........sweetnug !!!

lol, did you try to post exactly at 4:20.......?? goodjob

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19522 Take a look at the set up there are in.I was told,maybe to much air circulation in there.That was maybe drying up the leaves faster then they could hydrate themselves.What do you think as a possiablity?

I started these plants out in fox farm medium,under flor's after two weeks I transplanted into 4 gallon,Thats when I started nutes grow big 1/4 strength every other watering,put them under 400 MH. and put into this room.(link above) they have been fed twice.They get watered about every 3 or 4 days.Thats it,they have been getting lake water the whole time.The Ph is above 7 on that but drops after the nutes are in.Am I missing something here?

I think it is very possible that your leaves are drying out too fast.

I would say turn the fan speed down, and dont have the fan blowing directly on the plants...you just want the leaves to rustle with the wind ...

Maybe you shouldnt use lake water....??...could be something in there.

Latest posts

Back