curing buds for a year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooftoproom

Reaction score
i heard of people curing buds up to a year, and having some of the best smoke they have ever had. How in the heck do you cure for 6 months or even a year without having your buds turn into hay.

If buds are propely dried and sealed in containers, they can stay good for at least 2-3 years. The longer the cure, the better and smoother the smoke and high will be. The wide-mouth mason jars work the best, IMO. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

thank you both for the info. im going to try it. so those mason jars should work fine. i also have the vacuum seal jars. seems as though the vacuum jars would work better if the buds are dried correctly. but im not sure if they continue to cure for there is no air in the jar. i usually keep mine in the vacuum jars, but for only a couple of months. i will experiment since i have both jars. thanx.

How in the heck do you cure for 6 months or even a year without having your buds turn into hay.
i'll prolly never have that prob ever. i dont have the patience to leave cure that long. lol maybe if i had a whole load of it and liek HIE said, and put it sumwhere an forgot bout it .

i would never want to cure my bud for that long:eek:

i want to smoke it as its fresh and has all of its trichomes, after time they break off the nugs and drop to the bottom of the jar

i will def have to try and cure some for a year and see the difference

I guess I'll need to grow way more. I haven't the patience either. However, mine do get a proper cure, though.

I'm on the same page as Zip, Albino and Alistair, I really don't have the patience to wait that long to enjoy the fruit of my labor when it is sitting there perfectly ready and smelling oh so nice.

Perhaps one day I will do a massive grow so that by the time I get to the end of the product it will have cured that long. But that is a ways off!

Latest posts

Back