cutting males

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner

Trouble Focusing
Reaction score
How do you cut down the male plants?

I give mine the snip with a large pair of wire cutters.

just cut it down as low as possible. or if theyre in a hole of there own, dig it out and take to another location. thats what im planing on doing with a female of each strain, and all the males and planting them all in a metre square, all cramped up. then ill tie them all in towards the middle, where ill have the females, and entangle them together. so then at the end of season ill have loads of seeds, granted, i wont know the strain of any of them. but when i grow them, i may just spot some charictoristics, and decide on what i think they are.

85CANNABLISS

Yeah i grow some males away from where they can pollinate my other plants just so i can have seeds, the strain i'm growing this year is green bud from Maine when i lived there. So i had the seeds from Maine so i just planted them and every since then i've used the family! they seem to get better and better each grow.

so you dont need a female and a male to be close to get seeds?

how far away does a male have to be to not contamin crop, cause im thinking of planting fairly far away like more than 6'

the distance from male to female plants for pollination depends on many vairables including wind speed and direction, The amount of pollen the males produce and a few other genetic reasons but... to be sure they dont pollenate keep them as far away as possible ive herd of a cases where the male pollenated the female from a block away and if your trying to pollenate you kan self pollenate yourself its not too hard but you kan get seeds or not all depends on you :D

a male plant can pollenate a female from over 100 yards, and thats just wind. if you pollenate via insects who knows? 6' you WILL get seed

thanks but if you just have a male plant can you make seeds on its own, this is what i dont get? or does it need a female plant

no it produces its own seeds well...depends on strain

only female flowers produce seed, so, only a female or hermie can seed, not a male on its own.

yeah the male needs the female to pollinate her bet hey never messed with males and pollinating that much so yeah just kill the male and have some seed free bud :) whats another 25 dollars for seeds i get mine out of my bag of bud or from local growers so i dont buy seeds but hey to each his own lol peace guys

what if you wanted some seeds for next season and you like got a male and female and put some plastic border around them so the pollon cant spread would that work?

Latest posts

Back