Deep Water Culture problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SensiGuy

Reaction score
I running about 1500watts hps with a ph at 5.8 Im using gh solution. I have a ppm meter and it reads between 800 -1000ppm. New growth has yellowing tips I dont know whats up, I think its some kind of defieciency but I lack the literature as someone stole all my good reference books but If anyone has an idea i sure like to know.

http://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688 hope this helps, post your findings. i'm getting ready to get into a dwc grow and working on the learning part. all the luck to ya.

you need pics bro.

most people go to high with Dwc too, 1000ppm may be too high for their current age (need that info too)

i like to think of dwc as Not, deep water culture, but Direct water culture...there is much less of a buffer and the direct oxygen makes uptake much more effective and there for more harmful if too high.

wat may be good for a pheno in Ebb and Flow at 1200ppm could very easily be detrimental to that same Pheno in Dwc. more info needed tho, definetely- if u dont find wat ur lookin for, GL

0b1kinsmokey said:
you need pics bro.

most people go to high with Dwc too, 1000ppm may be too high for their current age (need that info too)

i like to think of dwc as Not, deep water culture, but Direct water culture...there is much less of a buffer and the direct oxygen makes uptake much more effective and there for more harmful if too high.

] Very True. U got2 gradually build up the amount of food your using, start small. A quick flush with a little B+ should cure most nutrient problems.

definetely, people seem to overshoot ppm in dwc alot

sounds like magnesium or iron, maybe sulfer deficiencies. try a half teaspoon of epsom salts per gallon nutes.

Mag, calcium, iron, etc... deficiency cause bronzing in the middle of the leaf and it works it's way outward. It doesn't start at the tips.

Latest posts

Back